Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

when to get degree recognised by TC??

• 29-01-2009 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

:confused:Hi there,

anyone know when is the best time to get your degree checked by the TC. I know it takes ages so just wondering....
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭hot chick

I applied in june, cost about 200euro i think, took ages. they messed up the name of my degree, they had it down as a diploma even though it changed years before I did it, seemingly it was my responsibility to ensure their records are up to date, I kid you not, this is what they said!?!?! just before christmas got the ok. Then had to pay them another 90 to register, for garda check etc. Got letter saying I'm good to go the other week.
    Oh once I sit an exam on the history of education in Ireland.
    Do you think they could tell me when it was going to be on next?
    I'll let you answer that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭D.Mar

Hi, I'm a bit confused about getting my qualifications approved. I'm studying for a literature masters and I want to do a HDip next year so I can teach English at post-primary level. The problem is that my undergraduate degree is in business and French. I really want to teach English (along with business) but I'm not sure if my literature MA will qualify me to do this. I think I need to apply to the teaching council, but is it worth applying and paying the €200, or is it very unlikely that my qualification will be approved?

Advertisement