Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Boards Serie A/Serie B-Fixtures/Tables/Results

Options
  • 29-01-2009 12:20am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    The Italian leagues will be starting very soon so I want to let everyone know what is going on over the next few days.

Fiestly, after 32 players joined the league, only 14 players have actually applied to join Serie A. I am going to bring on another 2 players tomorrow to bring it up to 8 teams per league. This will give plenty roomfor expansion next season. Each team will play each other 3 times, which totals 21 games each.

The list of players is as follows...if you are not on the list have have played in boards qualifying 2 and want to join, get on to me asap.

whatawaster (kilamingiro)
    winston82 (neilHimself)
    mise (colmise)
    Iago (goliago)
    RALEIGH_BURNER2 (tunetunetuner)
    santryred (benSFC)
    cactus mac88 (G M E 27)
    {DM}-THEDOC (komula)
    SRFC90 (MarkSRFC)
    darraghjm (darraghjm)
    dohertg (theContraceptor)
    mayordenis (Denarse)
    smegball (SeanMeisterSa)
    Samurai (wonderboysam)

Once I have the 16, players will be listed based on skill and we can start choosing teams!

So people, get ready for what should be an incredibly tight tournament!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dohertg5

i can't want to get this started! playing LIVE games without a purpose gets fairly mundane after a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

me too, looking forward to getting this goin, should be a good laugh. I have come close to crying twice and that was only in qualifying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

looking forward to this starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

me three!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads just in case some of you are itching to get a game in there is a pre season league already running, the results dont matter its just for the laugh. No 5 star teams is the only rule that was set in it.
    There was some room left the other day when i checked so im sure there is a couple of slots just to tide you over till the actual league begins.

I think the details are as follows

Name:Boards Pre Season
    Abb:bps
    Password:Boards (maybe boards)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

FutureGuy wrote: »

So people, get ready for what should be an incredibly tight tournament!

I for one look forward to bravely fighting relegation for the year :D

thanks again for putting the effort into organising this, especially when you already had your own league setup. Top marks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I'm involved in the Qualifying League, but never got into this? SuperChambo is my gamertag!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

I'm involved in the Qualifying League, but never got into this? SuperChambo is my gamertag!

ditto :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

random name and spider baby, I never received an application from you iifc. I'll add ye which will bring us up to 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

look forward to it

• Advertisement

Great stuff, cheers FutureGuy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

:D

Spiderguy can I get your gamer tag please?

SuperChambo.

I have in front of me an (almost) complete player ranking list :) We are going to have some incredibly fierce contests this season. I am waiting to get verification from one applicant that actually didnt play in the qualifiers.

If you know a decent player from the qualifiers that hasnt yet applied, make sure you let him know I am finalizing things via PM or Live! Time is running out!

I will tell you who is top seed though...congrats to benSFC!

In the meantime can the following 5 players PM me their 5 top choices for teams. The player on top will get his first preference, the next player gets his first preference unless it is already gone, whereby he gets second pick and so on...

Denarse (first)
    Goliago
    wonderboysam
    colmise
    darraghjm(fifth)

Once all 5 send me their lists, we will anounce the selections and proceed to the next batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

now it's getting exciting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

shit!!

really sorry for flooding your inbox FutureGuy, was attempting to use boards on my phone but the pm system is a bit messed up! really sorry dude

Is it a good thing to be top seed? :confused: :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »

pro's: you're better than everyone else; bragging rights

cons: you'll probably get stuck with Newcastle or someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

SantryRed wrote: »

If there are any more than 20 people to pick ahead of you, unless some people pick surprising teams, then its a real problem... the difference in standard of say, Spurs and Newcastle, miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles apart.

• Advertisement

Me thinks I shoulda played sh1t. :D

Still awaiting Mayordenis team selection...can someone pm him on Live (Denarse) as I wont be on until tonight.

what's taking people so long with the choosing?!

what's taking people so long with the choosing?!

I'm still waiting for MayorDenis and I have sent him a PM and a message on Xox Live. If I do not get an answer by this 6 p.m. this evening, he will get the team he played in Qualifying.

his profile says he was logged onto boards today,

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dohertg5

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for MayorDenis and I have sent him a PM and a message on Xox Live. If I do not get an answer by this 6 p.m. this evening, he will get the team he played in Qualifying.

Good way to solve this conundrum! But what if he has lost all interest in the league and wont play any games?

darraghjm wrote: »
    his profile says he was logged onto boards today,

he probably just didn't notice he had a pm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Sorry for the delay to everyone and especially FutureGuy, totally my bad, was in Amsterdam,
    should of sent a message before I left but didn't realise we were getting this started atm.

Sorry again, pm'ed FutureGuy anyway, so Liverpool nyom nyom nyom.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads i can see you are getting restless waiting but be assured Future Guy will get it up and running as soon as he can, he ran our Season 1 league without a hitch and we have started our Season 2, if people are slow getting back to him there isnt much he can do but the rest of you should at least be ready to pm when your turn comes so the rest goes smoothly. In the long run lads the patience is worth it,the leagues are a good laugh and the people Future Guy keeps in it to play are always sound, it just takes time to weed out the ones not interested etc which he has done and sometimes people are busy and dont get to check their emails etc.

• Advertisement

he probably just didn't notice he had a pm.

yeah thats cool, i was just thinking he might reply today as he's online,
    looking forward to this getting off the ground

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement