Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angels

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BertrandMeyer

Don't mention the knee-jerk reaction modding. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BertrandMeyer

Back on topic. At the end of our life, we are rewarded or punished according to our karma by being reincarnated into either a painful or good new life. This belief is similar to the precession of the earth, which is often aided by repetitive chanting of a mantra, or focusing on an object. This cycle repeats itself many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 torrential

I apologise, I won't question the actions of the mods.
    Back on topic. At the end of our life, we are rewarded or punished according to our karma by being reincarnated into either a painful or good new life. This belief is similar to the precession of the earth, which is often aided by repetitive chanting of a mantra, or focusing on an object. This cycle repeats itself many times.

Actually, I believe at the end of our life we enter the kingdom of God and are seated before Him to pass our judgement. What happens next is anyone's guess, it's not up to us to speculate about powers beyond our control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

Oryx wrote:
    torrential, you dont discuss mod decisions in thread.
    Step 1: Censorship
    Step 2: Censorship of discussion about censorship
    Step 3: China

As I said I am new here, but I don't think it's really censorship as much as the moderators wanting to stop people from getting into unnecary arguments. A web forum like this is a democracy. i think that china comment was uncalled for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Keep on topic.
    You don't discuss mod actions in thread. Complaints go to helpdesk, feedback goes to feedback.

Torrential,since you are new i'd recommend you read overheals guide for newbies on the newbie forum. Everyone else,get back on topic or further infractions will be dished out.

There is no freespeech on boards,its a privately owned site,ye are guests here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 xxTrotsky69xx

ou guys all need to chill. nerin you can say this isnt freedom of speech but it doesnt mean you shouldnt be nice just cos you dont have to if you know what i mean i think?. I understand those people that dont believe in angels. i remember when i didnt believe in them either. but so many of my friend have had experiences that are just :eek: so my advice is just to keep an open mind!

Keeping an open mind is one of the most important things in my opnion. I don't really believe in angels and people speaking with them but I respect the opinions of those who say they have. I got a palm reading at <an event> last year (best part of a ****ty weekend really) and while I didn't believe in it, I did enjoy it and I can see how other people can get sucked in.

Thanks for the advice nerin, I wasn't making a complaint I was just saying that the reporting of that other guy seemed a bit strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

Has this thread died? Im going to ask my angels for a name tonight too - hope I dont fall asleep too soon :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

DubLass wrote: »
    Has this thread died? Im going to ask my angels for a name tonight too - hope I dont fall asleep too soon :D

Lets keep the thread alive shall we?

My fiancée had a reading with Francesca Brown yesterday, the author of My Whispering Angels. She speaks to the Angels directly and can see them.

The reading was an hour long and we got a recording of it. It was UNBELIEVABLE. The information she gave was wonderful, positive, uplifting and inspiring. There was even a lovely message for me in there too!

On top of the world today... We are going to meet her again tonight and I hope to learn the name of my guardian angel. Fingers crossed.

Dublass how did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Do you have contact details for her. PM me if you do.

Is she back in Ireland again, or just touring?

She will be doing more readings in January, she just added two extra dates at Angel Times in Limerick.

I do not know what she is doing elsewhere.

Armada wrote: »
    Lets keep the thread alive shall we?

My fiancée had a reading with Francesca Brown yesterday, the author of My Whispering Angels. She speaks to the Angels directly and can see them.

The reading was an hour long and we got a recording of it. It was UNBELIEVABLE. The information she gave was wonderful, positive, uplifting and inspiring. There was even a lovely message for me in there too!

On top of the world today... We are going to meet her again tonight and I hope to learn the name of my guardian angel. Fingers crossed.

Dublass how did you get on?

Wow that sounds fab

I fell asleep, but I did ask them to protect my boys and thanked them for protecting them thus far, Ill try again tonight :)

Great news, i went to the night with Francesca in the Clarion in Limerick last night. it was amazing. She picked people at random, or should I say the Angels picked people for her, and gave them messages from loved ones that had passed.

She picked me out of the crowd and gave me an amazing reading. She was able to tell me my brothers name and what problems he was going through at the moment and what I had to do to help plus alot of information about my future and interests I have. It was unreal. I love her!!!

Oh ad afterwards she told me my guardian angels name. I have been talking to him since and the connection has gotten so much stronger.

lnl

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bookreader

Angels are the best. I was a very angry, resentful, unhappy lady on and off through my life. Through the angels and the steps they have sent me, through my own intuition, to follow i have met so many wonderful, helpful, spiritual people and I am a changed person. I don't worry, I do feel a little fear in some situations, but not like I used to, because I trust and believe in the help that they have given me and are giving me, I have seen so many miracles in the past three years, they were there before of course, but I didnt "see" them. They have taught me a whole new , different more loving way of seeing the world and everyone in it.

Thats really lovely, Im going to need their help again and Im going to chat to them today to help me through an awful time right now

I saw an angel this week, through the relfection on the tv. It was a really tall male angel, with really shiny shoulders and chest, nearly like a cape, I could also see long white robes and he was standing over me, just looking down at me where I was sitting. I googled it and it looks like Archangel Gabriel, the shiny bit seems to be armour he wears - I thanked him for showing himself and said thank you for being with me and protecting me. Thats my first ever thing to see and it was really lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

I saw an angel this week, through the relfection on the tv. It was a really tall male angel, with really shiny shoulders and chest, nearly like a cape, I could also see long white robes and he was standing over me, just looking down at me where I was sitting. I googled it and it looks like Archangel Gabriel, the shiny bit seems to be armour he wears - I thanked him for showing himself and said thank you for being with me and protecting me. Thats my first ever thing to see and it was really lovely

I'm not calling you a liar, but it seems highly improbable that you spotted the Archangel Gabriel hanging about in your living room. Sound more like wishful thinking and confirmation bias. Was this only in the reflection? Did you turn around? Did 'he' say anything? Did you take a photo? Why should anyone believe you?

I'm not calling you a liar, but it seems highly improbable that you spotted the Archangel Gabriel hanging about in your living room. Sound more like wishful thinking and confirmation bias. Was this only in the reflection? Did you turn around? Did 'he' say anything? Did you take a photo? Why should anyone believe you?

haha I dont really care if anyone believes me or not! I know what I saw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

haha I dont really care if anyone believes me or not! I know what I saw :)

Good for you dublass, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone.
    Thank you for sharing, it may give the rest of us renewed hope..;)

• Advertisement

liz2 wrote: »
    Good for you dublass, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone.
    Thank you for sharing, it may give the rest of us renewed hope..;)
    Did it? I am surprised. Normally saying you've seen an actual angel in your living room might need a burden of proof somewhere.

Did it? I am surprised. Normally saying you've seen an actual angel in your living room might need a burden of proof somewhere.

What proof have you got that I didnt? :)

What proof have you got that I didnt? :)

I'm not the one making the extraordinary claim that a supernatural religious entity visited your living room.

I'm not the one making the extraordinary claim that a supernatural religious entity visited your living room.

Nope I never claimed that, it was in work actually

Nope I never claimed that, it was in work actually

The location's not the important or indeed the extraordinary part.

The location's not the important or indeed the extraordinary part.

Nor indeed is your need for confirmation, I dont have any, simple as that, but I know what I saw and it makes me happy. So live and let live as they say, Im not doing any harm to anyone.

Nor indeed is your need for confirmation, I dont have any, simple as that, but I know what I saw and it makes me happy. So live and let live as they say, Im not doing any harm to anyone.

Fair enough, it's not personal by the way- I'd ask the same of anyone who makes an extraordinary claim regarding the supernatural.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bookreader

Lucky you DubLass. Angel Gabriel is around alright. There are many spiritual people on a well known website and many of them put up posts and believe it or not, they seem to be working with the same angel as others, so Gabriel is around , as is Raphael and Michael is ever present, he is the protector and helps us not to be fearful. I would love to see one of them, you were obviously ready DubLass and it didnt frighten you. well done.

Advertisement