Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QFA Pensions

• 29-01-2009 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cra08

Hi

Did anyone find the exam on saturday 24/01/2009 difficult and short for time. I am thinking of complaining about the paper, but would like some feedback first in case I am just extremely thick!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ciaran W

Hi CRA 08,
    Presently studying for the Pensions exam in May. Did you survive the January exam, and have any tips ?
    C W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Banking, Insurance & Pensions.

(Mods, if there is a more suitable location, feel free).

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think this might get more replies in Education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I did both the pensions and Loans exam in Jan, found both a lot easier than i was expecting and was out of each after 40 minutes.....not much looking forward to the next round in May though:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Anyone know where to get sample papers for the first 5 exams?

Did the life assurance exam over a year ago and used sample questions from the back of the book but the new books don't have them.

Only useful thing I found was mockexams.ie but they charge.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

The LIA website give a sample paper for each exam once you have signed up. Think you find it on the same page as where they give you your exam times and locations.

cra08 wrote: »
    Hi

Did anyone find the exam on saturday 24/01/2009 difficult and short for time. I am thinking of complaining about the paper, but would like some feedback first in case I am just extremely thick!

I finished 20 mins early, and had spent about 30mins carefully filling in the answer sheet. was longer than I expected, but not short for time at all.

Advertisement