Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Alloys

Options
  • 29-01-2009 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Lads.

I have just been donated 4 alloys off a 05 E60 and I am wondering will they fit my 01 E39 without any fouling of the arches and obviously is the hub the same fitting on both models. The standard alloy wheels on the 01 are
    205/65 R15 and the 05 wheels are 245/45 R17. I just dont want to put new tyres on the new alloys then find out that they dont fit.

Regards J.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They would need the centres bored to fit onto the E39 hub. The E60 wheel has smaller centre bore than the E39, so would need to be machined out from 72.6mm to 74.1mm IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 joxer1

kbannon wrote: »
    They would need the centres bored to fit onto the E39 hub. The E60 wheel has smaller centre bore than the E39, so would need to be machined out from 72.6mm to 74.1mm IIRC.

Thanks for the advice kbannon. Is this a common thing to get done or am I wasting my time. If this is a common thing can anyone recommend anywhere to get this done?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't know - you see a few around but they could be genuine or replicas.
    I got a set of E34 rims for track use and had to get them bored - cost about €100.
    Where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 joxer1

kbannon wrote: »
    I don't know - you see a few around but they could be genuine or replicas.
    I got a set of E34 rims for track use and had to get them bored - cost about €100.
    Where are you based?

Southside Dublin.

Advertisement