Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beware when booking apt in australia!!

Options
  • 29-01-2009 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

my sister just got scammed by a lady claiming to be 'anne darian' emailed her lovely pics of an apartments in australia, emailed copy of her passport (fake) and took loads of my sisters details and 2months rent, please be carefull when booking anything on-line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

miwdife2b, where did your sister get the initial information about the apartment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 midwife2b?

im not sure i will ask her when she logs on as she is in oz now, i know it was on the internet tho, this happened about a month ago and she went to the police etc but it was awful because it was just a few days before christmas everywhere else was booked up.

The reason i posted this is because and i was chatting to her lastnight and she said se got an email of 'anne darian' saying that -this is confusing- she wants to put money into my sisters acc and then my sister is to take what 'anne' owes her and put the rest in some western union account.. as if! my sis just forwarded everything to the police but shes freaked out because this one knows all about her because she had to give her all her deteils when she thought she was getting the apt.. she must be money laundering or something.

madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

If someone needs to know your life story to book accom its dodge, come across it so often selling a car, and looking for accom in Oz, "send me the money and ill post you the keys etc etc" I couldnt believe my mate almost fell for one of these shes all like " that sounds really handy and its cheap".

Obviously dont know the ins and outs of what happened your sis, but if it sounds too good to be true it ALWAYS is. im sure theres very little the police can do. And dont get me wrong i do simpitise with your sis, if that happened to me id have to pack me bags and go home... pretty much on the bread line as is!

Advertisement