Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test coming up - help!

• 29-01-2009 2:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

My driving test is on February 11th in Dundalk. It will be my second attempt, I only failed by one mark last time (did test in tullamore last time).

My problem is that I am on very low income and can't afford lessons, though most people I know who have passed recently all took lessons.... Just wanted your opinions on whether lessons are necessary. Really can't afford them but don't want to fail again!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Hi donegal fella,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't do lessons before my last test and I only failed because I had one too many marks under "failure to progress" so essentially I was being too cautious last time and went too slow. Otherwise I'd have passed cos in total I had seven faults but one too many in one section, iykwim.

Manouvres, under the bonnet, road signs, hand signals etc are fine. Two of my aunts have recently both passed but in all honesty I can't understand how because they're both blind as bats and not great at driving, both had crashes. They both went to lessons with the same instructor and passed, so I can't help but feel it would be advantageous to do lessons. Alas finances don't stretch to it so I'll just have to do my best and hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement