Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Willie thorne....

• 29-01-2009 6:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

Is it my imagination or when willies commentating on a match, he talks way too much?
    I mean he dicsects every little thing, every roll, every little bit of spin....just everything!! :mad:
    Sometimes i turn the volume down and just watch it, cause i cant stand him, its as if hes talkin to people who are watchin the sport for the 1st time...WERE NOT STUPID WILLIE!!, WE KNOW HE PUT REVERSE SPIN ON TO TAKE IT OFF THE CUSHION...NO NEED TO EXPLAIN HOWS ITS DONE EVERYTIME A PLAYER DOES IT FFS.

Ok rant over...LONG LIVE CLIVE EVERTON!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Ok rant over...LONG LIVE CLIVE EVERTON!!!

You do know Clive has been as good as axed from the BBC commentary team?

He will only feature up to the quarter finals of the World Championship.

Disgraceful IMO. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

really?? thats unbelievable! hes the voice of snooker ffs.
    they shud put a muzzle on thorne.
    I actually enjoy parrott whens he commentating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i agree OP wholeheartedly,he does go over the top a lot.
    i love virgo,he cracks me up with his quips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I don't mind Wille, he's not as bad as Terry Griffiths, or those absolutely woeful commentators on Eurosport, I don't even watch it on eurosport as there is 0 atmosphere it's just complete rubbish. BBC give a great feel to a snooker tournament, it's a real pity they don't show that many anymore.

JV and Steve Davis ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Ah here, don't forget Dennis Taylor! definitely the best commentator there is. In fact the best pairing n the BBC is JV and taylor, they just seem to go so well together. Willie thorne is a bit annoying alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

agreed!...dennis is very very good. griffiths accent is the worst thats prob why he dont get much work commentating...no one can understand him :eek:
    doherthys the same..nothin against the dubs but we dont need to listen to a dublin accent when we re watchin snooker :o

Advertisement