Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 7:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me from experience if UCC is covered by this list?

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i9818.htm

Also, the list seems to be somewhat out of date - can anyone advise to what kind of visa one can get based on a qualification covered on this list?

How's the job scene in NZ compared to Oz?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

keane2097 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me from experience if UCC is covered by this list?

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i9818.htm

Also, the list seems to be somewhat out of date - can anyone advise to what kind of visa one can get based on a qualification covered on this list?

How's the job scene in NZ compared to Oz?

Isn't UCC a part of the national university of Ireland?

Having a recognised qualification does not get you a visa. There's skilled migrant and other visas where having a degree gives you a certain number of points. Other things also give you points (I think being a certain age and things although I did not apply for this visa so I'm not sure). I think you do an expression of interest, they work out how many points you get and then if you have enough you are invited to apply for a skilled migrant's visa.

If I were you, I'd call immigration NZ. I applied for residency and it's been a long time coming through. I thought all was lost but I rang immigration and they told me I could apply for a certain work permit that I didn't even know you could get. The website can be hard to find everything through.

As for jobs - I can't compare to Aus but I know we are a lot better off here than at home. My company is still hiring. Check out www.seek.co.nz for job listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

watna wrote: »
    Isn't UCC a part of the national university of Ireland?

Having a recognised qualification does not get you a visa. There's skilled migrant and other visas where having a degree gives you a certain number of points. Other things also give you points (I think being a certain age and things although I did not apply for this visa so I'm not sure). I think you do an expression of interest, they work out how many points you get and then if you have enough you are invited to apply for a skilled migrant's visa.

If I were you, I'd call immigration NZ. I applied for residency and it's been a long time coming through. I thought all was lost but I rang immigration and they told me I could apply for a certain work permit that I didn't even know you could get. The website can be hard to find everything through.

As for jobs - I can't compare to Aus but I know we are a lot better off here than at home. My company is still hiring. Check out www.seek.co.nz for job listings.

I'm fairly sure it's part of the NUI structure alright now, but on the other hand UCG changed its name to NUIG when it became part of it so I'm not entirely sure...

Off I go to google I guess... Yeah the website seems to indicate it's part of it alright, I'll email to confirm...

Thanks for your help - I'll probably be back with more questions later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 "Latin Phrase"

You should apply for the Graduate Visa, if you put this on your CV you're definately going to find it easier to get a job. New Zealand is close to Australia...but the difference is huge.., no jobs unless you can shear a mean sheep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

no jobs unless you can shear a mean sheep

Are you going to back this wild claim up with some proof? We ask posters not to give definite answers like this unless they have something to back it up or tell people it is only their opinion.

Please read the forum charter before posting again.

Unless it was an attempt at a sheep shagger joke.

Advertisement