Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you move your UPC broadband sub when you move house?

Options
  • 29-01-2009 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭

Assuming of course it's available in the new place I'm moving to and you give the full 30 days notice, etc - can you call UPC up and ask them to move your account (broadband/TV) as is, to a new address instead of canceling and having to sign up again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Great question - I've got the same question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Pretty sure you can.

In fact, I'm also pretty sure that, if the new house is in a broadband enabled area, you can simply plug your modem in, and it will work straight away. You don't even have to tell NTL, other than that your bill would be going to the wrong house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

You can definitely move your TV account to a house.

For broadband, I'm not sure. I hope so as I'm moving house soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I rang them a few minutes ago to confirm and they said that you could move TV and broadband provided they are available in the new area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

matrim wrote: »
    I rang them a few minutes ago to confirm and they said that you could move TV and broadband provided they are available in the new area.

Cool thanks - I won't be moving for a couple of months yet, but wanted to know if it's possible, as I really want to hang on to my broadband subscription with them :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I moved just over a year ago and they wouldnt let me!
    Maybe it was too much work for the person on the phone.

I did have to send a letter to their main offices in Limerick.

Nonsense at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

If you cancel, you can probably avail of "new customer" deals. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

paulm17781 wrote: »
    If you cancel, you can probably avail of "new customer" deals. :)

That's a good point, but I'm thinking that if I transfer an existing account, it would be less downtime than setting up a new one. I could be wrong though...

Advertisement