Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 - Dropped from HSDPA to EDGE

• 29-01-2009 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31

I just got an o2 e170 modem and was working brilliant yesterday.

I downloaded 1gb and then it cut out. I wasn't too worried, I was done downloading, but when I connect today in the same location (my apt in Gorey, Wexford) it will only connect me to the EDGE network.

Is this something to do with the amount I downloaded? Has it happened to anyone else?

Thanks

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No. Quite normal. It means the 3G connections at that time used up. Later it will be different. If it's a 3.6Mbps mast only about 24 people can connect at once in the 1/3rd of cell area of your sector (pizza slice).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 BTM

Oh, right, thanks. So it will switch back to HSDPA when available? Do you know if O2 have a maximum time allowed to be connected to the mast at HSDPA speeds until you are cut off, to allow other people to connect?

No need to go returning the modem within the remorse period then.

Do you happen to know those max connection numbers for the 7.2Mbps mast?

Thanks

Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

48 per sector.
    usually 3 sectors on a mast.

Capacity is reduced by poor signals.

Performance of Mobile is absolutely unpredictable and erratic. There may be maximum connection times, but it can easily disconnect on its own.

Advertisement