Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dates for Direct Debits and Standing Orders??

Options
  • 29-01-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Does anyone know if I can decide the date on which my mortgage is taken from my bank account? Or mortgage company says it can only be withdrawn on the first of every month but it causes us slight hardship and the 5th of the month would be so much better for us but they tell us it can't be done. However our bank said that if they (mortgage company) refuse do to it on our instructions then we can complain to the financial regulator. Anyone know? Please and thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

You should be able to choose, if they say it can't be done its because it suits them that its done on the 1st.

It seems ridiculous that they can't facilitate this. You are using a mortgage company rather than a bank? A smaller setup might find it more difficult to facilitate this kind of request as they prob want to run all the DD's on the same day, but still, they should do it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

There is nothing to prevent a direct debit being processed on any working day.

The problem is with your mortgage provider, and could be covered in the mortgage terms & conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Nermal

They're not obliged to do it on any particular day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Realtine wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I can decide the date on which my mortgage is taken from my bank account? Or mortgage company says it can only be withdrawn on the first of every month but it causes us slight hardship and the 5th of the month would be so much better for us but they tell us it can't be done. However our bank said that if they (mortgage company) refuse do to it on our instructions then we can complain to the financial regulator. Anyone know? Please and thank you.

All depends on with Bank you are with, some of them only do DD runs once a month, other let you pick the day or week.

Complaining to the regulator will get you no where in this case...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

DD for our mortgage was set up by the provider (KBC) to be debited from our account on a day that didn't suit us. After speaking to them we cancelled the DD and set up a standing order for a day that suited us. Not a problem and everyone is happy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement