Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Mod change - Welcome your new mod!

Options
  • 29-01-2009 11:10am

Well seeing as Dragan hasn't as much time on his hands due to commitments outside of boards he has decided to step down as a mod of the forum and we have had to do a switch so please join me in giving a big hand to dunkamania, the new MMA Moderator. I'm sure everyone will agree that he is an excellent choice given his contributions to the forum since it started.

I would also like to thank Dragan for all his hard work in getting this forum set up and for helping the forum settle down and for helping me personally get used to the modding (powertrip;)) malark. Great job man.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

No worries dude, tis a weight off to have gone from Modding 5 forums to none, it only took about 2 months to do as well!!! ha ha ha

Dunk will be an excellent Mod, so people should try and stick with the not letting this place turn into Sherdog thing.

The best thing about not being a Mod? I'm allowed tell people to go **** themselves again! Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lads, out of interest, is there any financial reward for modding ?

* hopes for positive answer as he contemplates his redundancy package *

Nope.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope everything works out for ya.

In the same boat here mate, trying to decide if i will go for it or not! If they paid i'd be Modding 10 forums right now!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

On that cheery note.....

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys.

I think Dragan has done a great job in getting the forum up and running, I hope he will be hanging around to do some posting.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Welcome new evil overlord Dunkamania! ;)
    Best of luck with it.

Well done Dragan who was fair and impartial and knew when to let things take their course and when to step in and shut it down. No doubt you'll be hangin around to tell us all to **** ourselves now that you can!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Dragan wrote: »

The best thing about not being a Mod? I'm allowed tell people to go **** themselves again! Awesome!

Mod or no mod, I thought your interest was in keeping the forums free of flamewars, surely this type of behaviour, does nothing but inflame situations? You even went as far as making a thread and threatening to ban people over these sort of comments..Now your going to participate in it yourself?

Curious behaviour..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

Lets make this a more fun place to be. Its not up to the Mods, its up to us. Too many people taking their anger out on others. If you are really angry about something then kick your dog!! :eek: Who's he gonna tell.

We should also ban use of the quote button. :) see above.

Mod or no mod, I thought your interest was in keeping the forums free of flamewars, surely this type of behaviour, does nothing but inflame situations? You even went as far as making a thread and threatening to ban people over these sort of comments..Now your going to participate in it yourself?

Curious behaviour..

I'm pretty sure he said that fairly tongue in cheek. He made a thread telling people to remember not to act like 10 year old soccer fans seeing as this weekends main event would likely go that way seeing as people are so dicided on it. Anyway enough about that..........

Keep on topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 subvictory

It'll certainly be refreshing to have someone moderating who has less of an ego and a more solid understanding of the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

subvictory wrote: »
    It'll certainly be refreshing to have someone moderating who has less of an ego and a more solid understanding of the sport.

I think you are being harsh but there seems to be an element here who want MMA to be conducted and discussion around it to be like that for a Karate exhibition.

rovert wrote: »
    I think you are being harsh but there seems to be an element here who want MMA to be conducted and discussion around it to be like that for a Karate exhibition.

He is being a clown. 3 posts, ALL abuse aimed at Dragan. Personal abuse is against the charter so he can chill out for 10 days and hopefully come back with something to say about the sport instead of other users.

AGAIN I will explain. MMA discussion is what it is. The only thing we were big on from the start was not letting the forum turn into a joke the way Sherdog is. We want everyone to be happy posting here, not just the ones who want a good row. It's a common sense approach. Yea the odd rule here and there has been thrown in (especially regarding fighter bashing) but they have all been designed to try and make this a decent place to post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Next Dragan will be managing spurs. welcome dunk, thanks for your work d.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Welcome new guy. Congrats on the new job:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 subvictory

He is being a clown. 3 posts, ALL abuse aimed at Dragan. Personal abuse is against the charter so he can chill out for 10 days and hopefully come back with something to say about the sport instead of other users.

It's hardly personal abuse, I Don't remember resorting to name calling. Surely you should live by you own rules and ban yourself for 10 days?

It's hardly personal abuse, I Don't remember resorting to name calling. Surely you should live by you own rules and ban yourself for 10 days?

Hardly personal abuse.....

Ordinarily, no, that wouldn't be deemed personal abuse if it were an established poster saying it but since you seem hellbent on offending just one poster then it becomes an issue of personal abuse yes.

And as for Dragan. He started this forum. He has put a lot of time into getting it up and running. A bit of respect is due to him thanks.

So like I said, if it were a regular saying that it'd be constructive criticism. Seeing as this is your ONLY contribution to the site (you started posting TODAY when Dragan steps down as mod, to moan about how he mods - do you see the irony? You moaning about a forum you don't post in and how it's run?) Regular = constructive criticism. You = now on "troll watch".

Ban myself? ha! funny you bring that up, Dragan will back me up, I offered to do that before for accidentally posting a spoiler. But in this case I'll say .......perks of the job ;) Maybe if you were a more respected CONTRIBUTER to this forum then I'd consider it but you're not. You have 4 posts. ALL of them are some form of moan or another and absolutely NOTHING to do with MMA. You know there's a thread on the fight this weekend? Maybe you should have posted there and actually contributed something to the forum first before yappin off.

Anyway, you managed to get back in before I'd finished banning you so enjoy your 10 days off. Hopefully when you come back you might wanna talk MMA.

Continue thread.

*grins* Man, i really got to you. Now THAT is inflating my ego nicely.

In all seriousness, and no offence intended, if you were actually an active participant in the forum at any point then i would seriously take on board what you were saying.

The vast majority of the people who post across any forum i have ever moderated would agree that my main interest is always in what is good for the Forum.

I genuinely feel that this place could be a safe haven for adult conversation about a sport that we all love and didn't want to see it go the Sherdog route. I pre-empted trouble that I KNEW would happen between a couple of uses who had been following each other from thread to thread and arguing.

I can understand how this subtle nuance may have passed over your head but please, if you have anything to say about my Modding then take it to the relevant channels.

I was well within my rights to move your post to Feedback, or the Helpdesk, this morning, where you would have been asked by Admins and other Moderators to back up your claims. I didn't because i firmly believe you are entitled to voice your opinion.

Of course, you need to be prepared for me to point out that your opinion is wrong. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Can the mods help me, my other account ( in the name of subvictory ) will not let me post.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

subvictory was banned today for personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Scramble

Well I, for one, welcome our new overlord.

The Dunkster has the MMA knowledge and icewater in his veins that we need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Thanks Guys for your comments,

Scramble, the icewater comment had me laughing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

FIST

Advertisement