Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

South Dublin City is just very wet and mushy now.
    Bitterly cold wind blowing, heavy rain & ambient temps are 1C.

Freezing ice/slush tomorrow methinks. Forget about getting to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jean byrne said in her forecast this front on the irish sea would move in over leinster/munster overnight...suppose until then no snow here unless an odd scattered shower. waiting for snow is like waiting for santa..must be in bed asleep before it arrives!

God i cnt believe i'm act saying this but i couldn't get to sleep for ages last night - this bloody thread had me like a hyperactive child!:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

BBC and XC Weather showing this rain turning to snow on the east coast around midnight to 3am - any thoughts?

Can't see it happening but then again I wouldn't have imagined we would have had snow today (like we had) when I was sitting here this morning typing in the rain.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

LookingFor wrote: »
    Rain's turning sleety here now too. Dunno what to make of it!

Where are you? Definietly sleet, ice pellets and the odd snow flake here.

More rain now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

bassets wrote: »
    Have been following this thread for days and am getting depressed now at all the snow everyone is getting while all we have had is one very light shower today.
    Can someone please give me hope and tell me are we going to get any snow in East Galway, Ballinasloe area?

There was a very heavy snow shower at about 5.30 which passed over Moate heading west, would have thought that might have made it to you.The radar is currently showing that there is precipitation over Galway city itself,but I dont know what type of stuff is falling....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Heavy sleety stuff; 1.8C. Been snow but mostly sleet for the last few hours. Lying snow is getting very patchy looking now although it was getting like that this morning but today's snow topped it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

leahyl wrote: »
    Well that's some bit promising i suppose....:)
    As the low continues to move west the ppn over Wexford will get sucked back towards cork, pbly around 11:30
    May be rain though with a wind off the sea, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

raining here . . .ah well better luck next time . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

As the low continues to move west the ppn over Wexford will get sucked back towards cork, pbly around 11:30
    May be rain though with a wind off the sea, not sure.

the weather after the news will probably have a different slant on things...will be interested to see what they say given the 6 o'clock prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Where are you? Definietly sleet, ice pellets and the odd snow flake here.

More rain now.

D15.

Kind of gone the same here again too, more rain-y. Very light though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

BONE DRY HERE TEMP 0.3C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Snowing here:D mainly light but its proper snow

Absolutely pissing down in D16 & D14 (the rain that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

the weather after the news will probably have a different slant on things...will be interested to see what they say given the 6 o'clock prediction.

Being honest i've no interest in what the Irish Met say
    As far as im concerned when it snows they give snow warnings and when it rains they say they'll be no snow.
    The radar and depoints are king tonight. The radar indicates we will get ppn tonight but an offshore wind wont help, in the city anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

seriously, if temps had been just 2 degrees lower the whole E Coast would have been at a standstill! pity, but still good to see snow!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

heavy rain turned to heavy snow in the last 15mins!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Crazy weather in Newbridge

1.1 and 0.0 DP just looking outside and looks like there is a bit of a thaw on now , Well it was good when it lasted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Light snow here, hopefully a top up on the earlier snow, still white here on the grass and paths - 1.5 to 2'' of snow.

D16/14 are still very wet...roads pretty much totally thawed but real flood risk at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Cornilius wrote: »
    heavy rain turned to heavy snow in the last 15mins!

What area are you in if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Kilcock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Given a good forecast for the east coast tonight, 2fm were saying at 3.30 pm that met eireann were advising people to leave work early!

Being honest i've no interest in what the Irish Met say
    As far as im concerned when it snows they give snow warnings and when it rains they say they'll be no snow.
    The radar and depoints are king tonight. The radar indicates we will get ppn tonight but an offshore wind wont help, in the city anyway
    Exactly .they got it completly wrong the past 2 days, on monday they said only snow for east coast ,then out of nowhere letterkenny got snowed in!
    Then for monday night ,it gave heavy snow for nearly all of ulster and there was no snow!
    They just respond to a situation and make it up as they go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wicklowgirl

About 4inch lying snow here with very strong winds and snow showers!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Pangea wrote: »
    Given a good forecast for the east coast tonight, 2fm were saying at 3.30 pm that met eireann were advising people to leave work early!

That's why I left at 4.15, even though there were blue skies as far as the eyes could see at that stage! :D Took me 80 mins to get from Blanch to Dunshaughlin though :( (Normally 55 mins in rush hour).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

really heavy rain here for past hour with bits of sleet mixed in, the roads most be flooded at this stage with melting snow and all the rain thats falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

rain turned to snow again here now. could go either way again tonight.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

OMG big clouds were heading for donegal and have now changed direction , :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Stopped raining here but windy. I went out to feed the dog and it actually felt MILD in the wind....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Has been raining for ages now, snow hasn't melted though.
    Hope the rain turns to snow later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement