Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭snowfan

I live near the M1 exit of the Port Tunnel and I can sum up the weather at this point in time in one word - HORRIBLE!

Heavy sleet/rain showers accompanied by biting easterly gales that go through you - added to all this the roads have turned to slush

Atrocious conditions and far from the post card scenes from yesterday evening :mad:

Ah well , the best fall of snow in years all the same!

Snow Fan

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

LookingFor wrote: »
    D15.

Kind of gone the same here again too, more rain-y. Very light though.

Ditto here Clonee/D15. Our blankets of snow -which lasted all day since last night, and which were topped up with more snow around 6pm - are hanging on for dear life now. Rain/wet sleet at the moment. Wind is very strong, has picked up in the last hour or so.

Roads are just slush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Just pray for no frost...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Very much hedging their bets in the 9 forecast..practically every kind of weather under the sun was mentioned as a possibility :pac:

Pretty much of no help for anyone looking for definites in terms of precip type tonight..rain, hail, sleet, snow all mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I think the weather is going to be just as crap tomorrow? Heard bits of it on the news......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Will the m50 be a good bet in the morning i want to get to Ballymun by 8 from Tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Blizzard like conditions ere in kilcock at the moment place turning white again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jimmyskank

More major snow blizzards in blessington, west wicklow. Still 4-5 inches on ground already, sick of the stuff!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

snowing in leixlip again! big fluffly flakes.hopefully a few more inches on top of whats already on the ground!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Absolutely miserable out on the coast. Roll on Thursday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

jenzz wrote: »
    Just pray for no frost...
    why so?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

These are a few photos (cameraphone) of Enniskerry from about 3.30ish. I'd just arrived back from Kilternan driving through the Scalp in complete whiteout. Very heavy snow, was absolutely beautiful and I was tempted to stop, but I was concentrating too much on driving and the car in front (well in front) which seemed to be RWD and was losing control every few meters as we slowly made our way past the Sports Hotel. It was pretty hairy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I think the novelty is starting to wear off - imagine if this weather is prolonged for the rest of the month :eek:.

Some analogy to be drawn here with the state of the economy I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

grew up near enniskerry haven't been there in years those photos bring it all back

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Still pissing rain in D15 atm, hope to God it eases up or cools down soon, or else it's going to be a horrible day tomorrow.

Anyway, some pictures from Maynooth easlier on today. At about 4PM today, we had a monster blizzard, ground was soaked from the morning thaw, but sheer volume of snow made it stick :)

Here's the view from my Lab in College just before the sun set :)

Photo-0030.jpg

Then a little earlier on overlooking the CS department
    Photo-0026.jpg

About 4:00 when the snow started to fall...

Photo-0024.jpg

Then a pic from last night in castleknock
    Photo-0023.jpg

Quality could be better, but they were taken from my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I think MET EIR are cr*p,they never get it right,Supercell and Francis(sky news)said rain tonight and its pretty well raining in Clane,only upthe road from Kilcock who are having snow,whats the story SC???.You are still my expert(hero!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

was snowing heavy but has turned to rain. . .no more snow its melting away

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

conditions are horrible outside here, heavy sleet, the ground is covered with slush, huge pools of water and some mounds of snow, everywheres filthy. at this stage i just want this to end and go back to a few weeks of dry weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Just brought the dog out for a walk in Rathdrum and its crazy, icy rain howling winds ripping at your face freezing cold.. Soaked to the skin.

ITS F**KIN GREAT BEING ALIVE !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 pfk-0p

if the temps go down to zero or below tonight the roads will be like glass in the morning
    if that had of been snow here on the east coast all evening the whole of the east would be crippled right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

MayoForSam wrote: »
    I think the novelty is starting to wear off - imagine if this weather is prolonged for the rest of the month :eek:.

Some analogy to be drawn here with the state of the economy I reckon.
    Il never get sick of snow .

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

so envious of the east coast - thread experts -what's the chances of sligo getting some of the white stuff. Temps are down to 0 and its getting windy

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Snow to rain seems to the story here 2nite. Some huge flakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

jimmyskank wrote: »
    More major snow blizzards in blessington, west wicklow. Still 4-5 inches on ground already, sick of the stuff!!:mad:

Who's got the tar and feathers??! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Gonzo wrote: »
    conditions are horrible outside here, heavy sleet, the ground is covered with slush, huge pools of water and some mounds of snow, everywheres filthy. at this stage i just want this to end and go back to a few weeks of dry weather.

I love snow,but as Gonzo says there is slushy snow and dirt everywhere.The price for the Fairytale.A price for everything:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Who's got the tar and feathers??! :P

thought you already had the feathers :D,
    light snow again here atm .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Gonzo wrote: »
    conditions are horrible outside here, heavy sleet, the ground is covered with slush, huge pools of water and some mounds of snow, everywheres filthy.

Ditto in Lucan. I'm dreading it if it freezes over later on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

croppy give it 5 I have a blizzard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Heavy snow here now in Ballon. I presume Croppyboy1798 and Villian are having the same. Its sticking as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Seems to be mostly rain now - temp rising, DP rising.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement