Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options
1104105106107108110»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

holly1 wrote: »
    I love snow,but as Gonzo says there is slushy snow and dirt everywhere.The price for the Fairytale.A price for everything:(.

Yep, it's like when Christmas is over...!! :-) At least snow is free!

Place looks manky outside now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Is there any mod on here could start a new thread.
    Surely over 200 posts is enough:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Heroditas wrote: »
    Ditto in Lucan. I'm dreading it if it freezes over later on tonight.

Ditto D24. I'm *this* close to calling tomorrow a snow day anyway, after the epic 3 hour 50 minute journey from UCD this evening.

Relax guys.
    It may be horrible out there now but you might see more snow thursday-particularally in the evening in the East and loads of other places on Friday more especially the west and north.I stress could-watch this forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Why would we need a new thread? The situation is ongoing . Its a bonus that we got so many replys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I wonder if we should expect anymore snow tonight in North Tipp . . .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Constant heavy sleet and rain here now all evening and windy to add to the mank! Snow not melting quickliy at all which is suprising.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Relax guys.
    It may be horrible out there now but you might see more snow thursday-particularally in the evening in the East and loads of other places on Friday more especially the west and north.I stress could-watch this forum :)

BB I think it will be tomorrow night - hence the low temps progged for the East and Midlands on Thursday

36_30.gif

Rtavn4217.png

The ECM showing something a bit different - possibly the backedge of the frontal stuff effecting Britain infringing on the East coast rather then showers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking at the radar, and given conditions here, may need to start a flooding thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Met Eireann said that it would be rain in the east tonight but snow in the South and Mid-west areas. So happy days for us over this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

light snow here now sticking on cars but thats about it better than nothing i suppose 0.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

DP falling in Dundalk so still living in hope as things have dried up nicely if we did get a fall from that band coming in at the moment.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Villain wrote: »
    croppy give it 5 I have a blizzard
    leincar wrote: »
    Heavy snow here now in Ballon. I presume Croppyboy1798 and Villian are having the same. Its sticking as well.

No blizzards or snow for that matter here guys, just a light sleet shower. Temp 1.1c and DP 0.5c.

ok snow is getting heavy now big flakes and starting to stick on the ground wasnt expecting this so early in the night

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

northtipp wrote: »
    ok snow is getting heavy now big flakes and starting to stick on the ground wasnt expecting this so early in the night

Not fair.

Just horrible here.. Really really horrible.. :mad:

i take it ure getting rain ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

2 hrs 35 mins Dublin to Kells last evening and 3 hours today to get home.
    I wish I could just get stuck at home. I seem to get to work fine, it's the getting home that's taking me an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just rain and windy here, horrible night.

I think we will open a new thread after tonight to discuss the second cold phase, this one is still ongoing.

A new thread will be opened tomorrow morning for discussion of Thursday and Fridays event. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

northtipp wrote: »
    i take it ure getting rain ???

Yep.

Sleety rain and the place is full of slush.. horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Loved the good bit of snow Limerick received there between 9 and 10!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

Loved the good bit of snow Limerick received there between 9 and 10!!

same here in Kilkenny, wish it would stick though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Kinda hoping it's the end of the snow in Dublin as the traffic was too much to cope with today.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Kinda hoping it's the end of the snow in Dublin as the traffic was too much to cope with today.

Yeah, it looked brutal on the news. I pitty anyone on the M50 this evening!

Im meant to be in Dub tomoorrow eve from 6 to 9....any idea if there will be delays around those times (coming from KK)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Ah hell, it has to happen. But, this was the best thread ever, I guess it's thawed out now...

LOL.

We will see what Thursday and Friday have to offer so......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

F-Stop wrote: »
    Ah hell, it has to happen. But, this was the best thread ever, I guess it's thawed out now...

+1
    Dry here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

same here in Kilkenny, wish it would stick though!!

Yeah i know! I though Kilkenny would have got a good amount?!

Wet ground here all day so no chance of it sticking unless it keeps going for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

nothing happening in south donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

barnicles wrote: »
    +1
    Dry here.

It snowing lightly here near mallow. Plenty snow still left on the ground too. 140m ASL here though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I hate to do it.

But it goes without saying that it has been the best thread on the Weather forum if not boards!

Many people have seen their best snow in a decade.

There is another period of cold, potentially snowy weather on its way mind you but i think this easterly, continental cold spell is now taking its last few breathes, there still is a chance of snow overnight inland and over mountains aswell.

It's been a good one :D

GO HERE FOR NEW THREAD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement