Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Netweather saying 77% chance of snow tomorrow night 21:00 for Dublin and Monday morning 95% with 99% cloud cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Everyone watching the news and waiting patiently for the forecast? :pac:

Should be really interesting to see their take on it...

Lubbly jubbly

ECM thursday NNE

Recm1201.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Everyone watching the news and waiting patiently for the forecast? :pac:

Should be really interesting to see their take on it...

Holding my breath:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Good one there by the eagle

heavy snow showers.
    Not a word of rain or sleet-definitely snow

Then unsure if the system from the south would be snow or rain

Monday = "snow showers on the east coast".
    Tuesday = "might be heavy snow" but could just be rain.

He sounded very uncertain about Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

He said that theres more weather coming up from spain and biscay on tuesday and that when it usually comes provides very heavy snow, but he said he is unsure yet if it will fall as snow on us ,its hard to tell.
    But he said general snow on tuesday,

North easterlys from bay of biscay
    Does this mean we got two cold fronts ,russian and biscays?
    Overall a very nice forecast ,with some uncertainty.

He sounded uncertain but was leaning towards snow I thought by the vibe he was giving.

He called snow one february day 2 years ago i think it was and it mostly fell as rain so once bitten twice shy.
    Pangea wrote: »
    He said that theres more weather coming up from spain and biscay on tuesday and that when it usually comes provides very heavy snow, but he said he is unsure yet if it will fall as snow on us ,its hard to tell.
    But he said general snow on tuesday,
    North easterlys from bay of biscay
    Does this mean we got two cold fronts ,russian and biscays?
    No

The system is coming up from Biscay and meeting the cold northeasterlies which could and should turn it to snow-thats what he meant there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

oh come on met eireann im still hanging here.you've got to back up my mouth.got a bit pissed last night an was ramping like no tomorrow.oh dear:Dps dying today

• Advertisement

ok thanks, I think John Eagleton is a good forecaster, he was the one that gave out the Cold Christmas forecast in 2000, Il never forget that! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Good one there by the eagle

heavy snow showers.
    Not a word of rain or sleet-definitely snow

Then unsure if the system from the south would be snow or rain

Whats your opinion on that low on tue BB , if that feature stalls to the south some areas in the cold sector could get a pasting .

redsunset wrote: »
    oh come on met eireann im still hanging here.you've got to back up my mouth.got a bit pissed last night an was ramping like no tomorrow.oh dear:Dps dying today
    yes they are sitting on the fence ,but they gona get pushed over the fence soon lol :pac: :pac:?

kerry1960 wrote: »
    Whats your opinion on that low on tue BB , if that feature stalls to the south some areas in the cold sector could get a pasting .
    I have to run out now but my quick answer is that your height should help the feature stay as snow in your area-it's a now cast.
    I'd expect that system if it is one that "turns to snow" as opposed to starting as snow will be rain on the south coast and turn to snow as it moves northwards and over higher ground in cork and kerry.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

• Saturdayrain.gif
    • Sundaypartly_sunny.gif
    • Mondaysnow.gif
    • Tuesdayrain_to_snow.gif
    • Wednesdayrain_to_snow.gif
    • RAIN
    • PARTLY SUNNY
    • SNOW
    • RAIN TO SNOW
    • RAIN TO SNOW
    • 3 to 7 °C
    • -4 to 3 °C
    • -3 to 1 °C
    • -1 to 4 °C
    • 5 to 6 °C

Sorry, meant to add this is the Dublin forecast from the Irish Times site. Snow for Monday, seems fairly definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Lubbly jubbly

ECM thursday NNE

Recm1201.gif

And at this stage we'll be looking out for Polar Low ;)
    I feel this winter has been building up to something such as a PL. They come out of nowhere and leave a white blanket....

Anyway I digress, let's concentrate on Mon/Tue first.

Mothman wrote: »
    And at this stage we'll be looking out for Polar Low ;)
    I feel this winter has been building up to something such as a PL. They come out of nowhere and leave a white blanket....

Anyway I digress, let's concentrate on Mon/Tue first.

A comma next week, wouldn't that be something else.....
    Marginality would be flyin out the window then.

*daydreams* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

When MM ramps the rest of us stock up on beans :P

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

snowfan wrote: »
    Thanks Black Briar

You are 100% right regarding TV3 - ridiculous weather forecasts
    I have often seen Martin King forecast +2oC for Dublin when in fact the temperature would fall to -3oC

They are so way out its unbelievable! :)

SF
    Couldn't agree more TV3's weather is a joke possible the worst of all the channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

ecmwf_500p_4d_eur.gif
    This looks great for Tuesday the low pushing up from Biscay I think it's an odds on cert for snow in the South East on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

200motels wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more TV3's weather is a joke possible the worst of all the channels.

Their news ticker that scrolls on the bottom of the screen also frequently runs the previous days "breaking news". Bunch of morons.

On the topic of snow though, is Louth likely to see any sort of decent snow at all? Ye are all saying Dublin, Wicklow etc... the forecasters aren't giving anything away at all :(

embee wrote: »
    Their news ticker that scrolls on the bottom of the screen also frequently runs the previous days "breaking news". Bunch of morons.

On the topic of snow though, is Louth likely to see any sort of decent snow at all? Ye are all saying Dublin, Wicklow etc... the forecasters aren't giving anything away at all :(

I'd say you'd have a good chance of seeing some snow alright. It's a fairly safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

PauloMN wrote: »
    • Saturdayrain.gif
    • Sundaypartly_sunny.gif
    • Mondaysnow.gif
    • Tuesdayrain_to_snow.gif
    • Wednesdayrain_to_snow.gif
    • RAIN
    • PARTLY SUNNY
    • SNOW
    • RAIN TO SNOW
    • RAIN TO SNOW
    • 3 to 7 °C
    • -4 to 3 °C
    • -3 to 1 °C
    • -1 to 4 °C
    • 5 to 6 °C

Sorry, meant to add this is the Dublin forecast from the Irish Times site. Snow for Monday, seems fairly definite.

Exactly the same as what it says on my phone...
    IMG_0208.jpg

**My graphics are nicer**:P

lol tax man,

The weather on my iphone for Dublin is completey different!

Has tomorrow has sunny and 3 celsius, rest of the week rain showers and alternating between 3-4 celsius.

Im expecting eagelton to be more precise in the forecast for the 9 o clock news :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Excellent Charts and for 24hrs away we are nailed on that someone and possibly quite a few in this country are going to get an absolute pasting.

Bring it on:)

Those phone yokes are automated too and virtually useless in a situation like this so ignore them :)

Embee-you will have snow,I've no doubt about that..

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

BB how high is your own location ?

Embee-you will have snow,I've no doubt about that..

Why thank you BB, that's just about the best news I've heard this year so far!!!

Have my wee ones wellies and rainproofs on standby for snowmen, she hasn't seen snow yet in her short life, am hoping and praying she'll see a good fall of it.

By the time she's my age, snow could be a thing of the past :|

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I feel ill. I actually can't believe that after waiting I don't know how many years for a sniff of decent snow that the day it is due to FINALLY happen, I have to get on a red-eye flight to London!!! :mad: And being the early flight before 7am, there won't even be traffic disruption to prevent me getting to the airport. Really poxy...

Oh and then no doubt there will be problems with my return flight on Tuesday evening.

Boo. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement