Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Nothing in Dundalk yet, Mind you we always seem to miss the snow here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Few flurries in dundrum around 7. Temp up to4.6C here now although the dp has now fallen to -3.0C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Snowing here, small powdery flakes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Are we due to get any snow in Galway? [thinks wishfully]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

car is reading 3 degrees now. still spitting very ligthly.

where you located darkman?

radar long range looks good......

will the irish sea provide more fuel for snow or will the snow fall short?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭squonk

Listening to the lads from Rush/Lusk, the signs sound good for me too here! What time are the heavier showers expeted? Looking at a very rough radar image from the UKMO on a widget here on my mac seems to suggest at least 10PM but more likely post-midnight. I wouldn't mind being up to see if anything was happening. What time should things start to kick off in earnest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Nothing in Sandyford. You'd expect there would be some here, it being so close to the mountains and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Breeze really picked up in the last half hour here in Greystones... coming striaght in from the sea.... hope this is the start of something good..

well white stuff is falling again. its not snow and its not hail..... not sure what the technical term for it would be

I'm telling you Welsh Wizard it was onhell of a walk on the beach here in Skerries this afternoon. Fiercely cold and great waves! Cartainly a day to remember around here. A bit of snow on top of it all now would be deadly!!!

• Advertisement

Where are you based Matron?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Nothing in Sandyford. You'd expect there would be some here, it being so close to the mountains and all.
    With you there pain in my ass looking out the window here Sandyford is next LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Bit of rainy sleet in Stillorgan/Sandyford. Where's me bleedin snow? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Martron wrote: »
    well white stuff is falling again. its not snow and its not hail..... not sure what the technical term for it would be

could be graupel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graupel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Snoddy wrote: »
    Nothing in Dundalk yet, Mind you we always seem to miss the snow here :(
    we always seem to miss out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Think I'll start a petition and send it to the snow gods :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Same in Howth, spray was arcing over the pier. Funny, no-one bothered doing the pier walk today... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Martron wrote: »

That stuff is falling in Rathfarnham now. I like to call it crap snow.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Just had a short shower of hail. Not expecting snow till after midnight in my area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I see the Met Office have a red "Take Action" alert out for parts of the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

They are getting thunder snow and everything now over in parts of England! :eek: Serious stuff over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Looks like the airports in the south east of Enland are starting to be hit. Gatwick is either closing or is about to close. Not sure about Heathrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I see the M5 buoy in the Irish sea has dropped 1C for the dew point to -2.3C in the last hour.

squonk wrote: »
    Where are you based Matron?

rush

The wind seems to be picking up gradually here. Certainly, if it isn't, the gusts seem to be more intense at times over tha past half hour.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Davo D wrote: »
    Looks like the airports in the south east of Enland are starting to be hit. Gatwick is either closing or is about to close. Not sure about Heathrow.

Please Heathrow close!!! Due on a flight over there at 6.45am tomorrow and would prefer not to given the conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

darkman2 wrote: »
    I see the M5 buoy in the Irish sea has dropped 1C for the dew point to -2.3C in the last hour.

Ha its colder on the irish sea than it is here!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Wintery showers have started in Dublin 3, close to the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markens2

Will stansted be affected??? My girlfriend is flying home from there tonight???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Nothing falling yet here, constant snow gazing though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement