Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I don't think we're gonna get any of this snow here, ye seem to be getting it further south. It snowed here for literally about two minutes, now it's gone and the skies are clear....

Think I'm too far north :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

qwert2 wrote: »
    Anyone have memories of the big snow fall in 1982?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afss7QL4wAc

wonder if we'll ever see the likes again?

Yep - was 4 years old, Dad was building our house & the snow was so deep where my kids now go to school it was deeper than my height... i was so light i was walking on top of it not sinking - my kids however have never really seen snow - a sprinkling but no more

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

clear here in sw wexford atm:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Hello all, this is my first post on the weather forum, thanks for all the info over the past week.:) I hope to post some snowy photos here. How do I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Its ok I found the attachment button.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yup, looks like this'll kick off around 5-6am in the morning. Temps have a long way to go yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

malman wrote: »
    Its ok I found the attachment button.
    Place them in the weather pics sub forum

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afss7QL4wAc

wonder if we'll ever see the likes again?

Remember it well, that year - and another time, maybe '87 or '88 - were the only times I remember having so much snow that my father had to shovel a pathway around the house. Incredible, still vivid memories of watching really heavy and prolonged snow from the bedroom window at night and hoping it would all still be there in the morning. Happy days! :D

20+ years on and snow events are so rare here that I still have that child-like hope I'll wake up to a blanket of snow. Reading the posts on here, seeing the amount of hits on this thread :eek:, I guess I'm not alone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I remember it well! Was getting married on January 16 in central London and there was still snow on the ground!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

ViDuchie, BoardsRanger, greysides, Confab, Pangea, Avns1s, Mena, Welsh Wizard, babe 2008, allthedoyles, markens2, sirpsycho, dolanbaker, atgate, A Dub in Glasgo, burberry, CroppyBoy1798, galwaybabe, JamesM, darkman2, The cracken, Celtic Mech, derekh, typhooner, griffdaddy, brianwalshcork, PauloMN, Colm R, j1979p, mower, garytuohy, jenzz, hellboy99, Joe Kname, Strasser, fathersymes, dublincelt, GerCPM, Fiontar, arctictree, TheGreenGiant, F-Stop, pheasantplucker, redsunset, Martron, jay28, 4400kevin, mukki, ratsam, byrneno7, missloulou, DaveD, qwert2, aaronm13, Carpenter, embee, Gonzo, Stephen P, sdonn_1, De Deraco, Obelisk29, Sierra Oscar, x in the city, daisyplant, trogdor, samsemtex, squonk, Sparko, DWCommuter, brian_rbk, cianon, sean555, A.Partridge, crushproof, B0X, Damo9090, joeclif, mosimorgan, Mobhi1

:)sneachta is on the way bitches !!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

There is more posters on the weather forum atm then in AH:eek: :pac: Nothing has happened yet!

The real snow showers won't arrive until 2 AM at the earliest on the latest charts. A few flurries between now and then.

ViDuchie, BoardsRanger, greysides, Confab, Pangea, Avns1s, Mena, Welsh Wizard, babe 2008, allthedoyles, markens2, sirpsycho, dolanbaker, atgate, A Dub in Glasgo, burberry, CroppyBoy1798, galwaybabe, JamesM, darkman2, The cracken, Celtic Mech, derekh, typhooner, griffdaddy, brianwalshcork, PauloMN, Colm R, j1979p, mower, garytuohy, jenzz, hellboy99, Joe Kname, Strasser, fathersymes, dublincelt, GerCPM, Fiontar, arctictree, TheGreenGiant, F-Stop, pheasantplucker, redsunset, Martron, jay28, 4400kevin, mukki, ratsam, byrneno7, missloulou, DaveD, qwert2, aaronm13, Carpenter, embee, Gonzo, Stephen P, sdonn_1, De Deraco, Obelisk29, Sierra Oscar, x in the city, daisyplant, trogdor, samsemtex, squonk, Sparko, DWCommuter, brian_rbk, cianon, sean555, A.Partridge, crushproof, B0X, Damo9090, joeclif, mosimorgan, Mobhi1

you forgot the 110 guests :pac:

Currently Active Users
    213 (103 members & 110 guests)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I've been lurking in this thread since the 28th :)

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

And don't forget about the guests too. More of them atm than members viewing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Thanks dog! wink.gif

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Mena wrote: »
    I've been lurking in this thread since the 28th :)

Love it!

Me too, if I don't wake up to the white stuff in the morning, I'm gonna go ga ga :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'm always lurking - just never have any thing intelligent to contribute.

Learnt lots though!

+1 for wexford... cloudy in the town, and freezing but no now.

We haven't had proper snow here in years :mad:

Please let it snow soon, so I don't have to go to Dublin tomorrow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

can't wait

CASEMENT NE 15 Gust 30 RECENT RAIN 2 59 Trace 1013
    :eek:

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp
    OAK PARK CARLOW(A) E 10 PRECIPITATION 2 69 0.0 1013
    :confused:
    DUBLIN AIRPORT E 20 Gust 32 RECENT SNOW 2 69 Trace 1013
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Just looked outside now - we've got those soft hailstones in east cork at the moment.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

is there any sign of snow coming to limerick

tony1212 wrote: »
    is there any sign of snow coming to limerick

Not tonight, sorry! - but Monday night and Tuesday looks far more likely for longer periods of snow rather then showers in your location.

Wind really dieing off here now. Just a breeze really. So im expecting a big temperature drop shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Went up to the Sally Gap there about an hour ago- there was snow falling and already starting to stick- say it will be a no go area in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Just looked outside now - we've got those soft hailstones in east cork at the moment.

Brian

Can you send something to bray please ? Kids are turning into window-lickers upstairs - They heard evelyn earlier & now cant go to sleep !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

jenzz wrote: »
    Can you send something to bray please ? Kids are turning into window-lickers upstairs - They heard evelyn earlier & now cant go to sleep !!!!!!!

We've had a few flurries already although nothing hefty'll be arriving til much later

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Really hope to wake up in morning to a sea of snow, I'll be twitching my curtains all night waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I spotted myself in the crowd!! :D

Still clear here and the DP is -2.4c, the temp is 2.5c

The temperature is definately going to tumble shortly as clearer skies are making their way across the Irish Sea (cloud is like a blanket, it traps heat) and the wind is not as strong so I think we are nearly there in terms of having everything in place for snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

On the radar looks like there are some showers heading for Louth/Meath/North Dublin area right now.

Still not expecting real showers till after midnight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement