Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

trogdor wrote: »
    We've had a few flurries already although nothing hefty'll be arriving til much later

Christ I missed them - been following this since last Thur !!!!!!!!!! NEED SNOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

im gonna call the weather on this chart.precip firstly snow then as it whirls in brings slightly warmer air so sleety rain but then back to snow as cold sweeps back in again.prob more snow in leinster well away from coastal regions:D

PPVI89.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

what do you think will happen with the low comming in from the atlantic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

So I'm sitting here in north dublin, donaghmede to be exact, and am so anxious about tomorrow, not just because i'm waiting on exam results due tomorrow but also wondering whether i'll be able to go to college tomorrow (other side of the city UCD)?

Can anyone give me any clarification on whether I should brace the weather and my 2 buses if it does snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Watching the news on bbc, you'd think the flakey appocalypse was upon them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

jenzz wrote: »
    Christ I missed them - been following this since last Thur !!!!!!!!!! NEED SNOW

QUICK! Snowing lightly right now

IT IS OFFICIALLY SNOWING IN BRAY !!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

what do you think will happen with the low comming in from the atlantic?

It won't get here. It will slide underneath Ireland and into Biscay thus it's going to remain cold for the rest of the week with snow at times for many because it drags down a Northerly flow.

Rtavn961.png

With Stratospheric temperatures on the rise this is a scene we will have to get use to in Febuary. This is going to be a really cold month. This is only the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

18z is well drunk tonight - country would close down:D
    -9 Wed morning and heavy ppn

I wonder are we about to witness something quite extraordinary
    The UK already have!

Floods says Evelyn:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

starting to give a few snow flurries now in Trim. Hard to know where this warmish sector will come into play tomorrow night and Tuesday morning, but at least we shall have a covering in the morning!:)

• Advertisement

Wed to be slighty warmer then back to north wind for thurs.most likely rain showers on wed. all can change slightly but enought to make big differences.

18z is well drunk tonight - country would close down:D
    -9 Wed morning and heavy ppn

I wonder are we about to witness something quite extraordinary
    The UK already have!

Floods says Evelyn:D:D

Does she drink I wonder ???? hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

Wow, just saw the 18z for the first time and - what an upgrade! The northerlies are back for the 2nd half of the week and weekend! I hope the models keep this going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

small hail stones flurries north dub

j1979p wrote: »
    Wow, just saw the 18z for the first time and - what an upgrade! The northerlies are back for the 2nd half of the week and weekend! I hope the models keep this going :D

ok in english please for the nobodies amonst us !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

We have REAL snow here right on the coast - I dont mean wet or sleety crap - REAL power snow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

darkman2 wrote: »
    It won't get here. It will slide underneath Ireland and into Biscay thus it's going to remain cold for the rest of the week with snow at times for many because it drags down a Northerly flow.

Rtavn961.png

With Stratospheric temperatures on the rise this is a scene we will have to get use to in Febuary. This is going to be a really cold month. This is only the start.
    thats the job :)

Lol -leave poor Ev alone.
    I get the feeling the eagle bottled out leaving poor Ev do the nightmare forecast :D

Meanwhile no snow here.
    I knew I'd jinxed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

1.2c in Waterford but no snow :(

jenzz wrote: »
    ok in english please for the nobodies amonst us !!

Well, by northerly, I mean wind direction. 18z is the last run of the forecast model and so the most up to date. Before this model was suggesting warmer atlantic air but now it is saying we will have a cold blast from the north on thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

A few flakes here in Monasterboice, Louth.... windy and shockin cold...! :D

Rats

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Just drove home from Cork to Waterford, lots of small snow flurries on the way home but nothing settling on the ground.

I doubt we'll get any spread of snow on lower ground overnight to be honest, might be good for a nice walk in the Comeraghs tomorrow but thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

1.2c in Waterford but no snow :(

Probably won't be seeing any snow showers in Waterford till about 3-6am I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

ratsam wrote: »
    A few flakes here in Monasterboice, Louth.... windy and shockin cold...! :D

Rats

Blow it up here please :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

what time will we see good snow falls in south dublin anyone?

Ah ye feckers this precip site is overloaded.comes up capacity problems.we're gone mental:D

http://raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

blanchardstown - cold, clearish skies, dry and no snow............ where is the snow.....

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Just drove home from Cork to Waterford, lots of small snow flurries on the way home but nothing settling on the ground.

I doubt we'll get any spread of snow on lower ground overnight to be honest, might be good for a nice walk in the Comeraghs tomorrow but thats about it.

Hey,

How close to Cork did you come across showers?

Cheers

G

brief shower of hail here in whitehall. None of the hailstones are melting on my windowsill!!!

• Advertisement

Snoddy wrote: »
    Blow it up here please :p
    Dundalk should see some snow soon and Ardee and places like that going on the radar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement