Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭drunkdaz

Bucketing down here in Angel, London. Good few inches on the ground; beautiful! Hope its on your way too!

img0812fk9.jpg

img0811da4.jpg

img0813ta6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

According to the SAF, only wintry showers along N, E & S coasts with snow later tomorrow on the other side.

Any reason to be worried?

Forecast for coasts from Fair Head to Wicklow Head to Roches Point and the Irish Sea.
    Wind: East force 6 or 7; backing northeast to north tonight and increasing force 7 to gale force 8 tomorrow morning.
    Weather: Wintry showers.
    Visibility: Generally good, but poor in showers.

Forecast for coasts from Roches Point to Erris Head to Fair Head.
    Wind: East force 4 to 6, backing northeast to north during tomorrow
    Weather: Mainly fair, snow later tomorrow.
    Visibility: Good, but deteriorating later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slainte13

markens2 wrote: »
    Baby we were born to run.

the boss brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Just started up again here after we came back in - light but the real deal, not like the small hail earlier - not sticking to surfaces yet and some small breaks in cloud cover. Looking forward to seeing the dogs get crazy about this in the morning and look like polar bears.

I'm off to bed, no snow day for us 'work from home' types tomorrow though I will be taking one long lunch break.

Have a good night folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

nothing doing in Limerick either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Watch yourself some Springsteen man :)
    ****in stoked about goin to the concert in July.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snow is on it's way to the East now - should hit alot of Dublin areas - though probrably still light.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

Sleet and light snow falling in Dun Laoghaire now!:)

Snow again here - purest in years - it's the real deal though still light.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Very very light snow in Malahide, kinda stopping and starting. Just enough to get my hopes up :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

This must be the longest snow-thread ever.

Here's another view of snow in Englandland:

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/www/marketsquare/webcam.asp

Alicat wrote: »
    Very very light snow in Malahide, kinda stopping and starting. Just enough to get my hopes up :(

Im in Malahide too.....give me a hug:D Nah seriously some really fine stuff has just fallen when the heavier gear gets here the fun and games begin...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭bassy

darkman any idea what time it will be hitting north kilkenny?.

darkman2 wrote: »
    Snow is on it's way to the East now - should hit alot of Dublin areas - though probrably still light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Light snow here, but proper light snow if that makes sense, heavier than earlier looks amazing under the lampposts

bassy wrote: »
    darkman any idea what time it will be hitting north kilkenny?.

No. I cannot tell you. I don't know. It will certainly be tomorrow sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

RayM wrote: »

Hehe, someone obviously knows where the camera is, because they've written the word "CVNT" in large letters in the snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

trogdor wrote: »
    Light snow here, but proper light snow if that makes sense, heavier than earlier looks amazing under the lampposts

yeah it does look amazing -been a long time since i saw proper snow:cool:

what happened 4am?

No. I cannot tell you. I don't know. It will certainly be tomorrow sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

RayM wrote: »
    This must be the longest snow-thread ever.

lol says ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

fricatus wrote: »
    Hehe, someone obviously knows where the camera is, because they've written the word "CVNT" in large letters in the snow!

BRILLIANT! reminds me of the first picture here:pac:
    http://www.brayweather.com/winter_82.htm

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    what happened 4am?

It's already snowing in the East but the showers will get prolonged and heavy - they may extend inland I don't know. Neither do the models.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

fricatus wrote: »

LMAO:D:D

opens another ice cold bud ;)

It's already snowing in the East but the showers will get prolonged and heavy - they may extend inland I don't know. Neither do the models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

So frustrating, there's a lamp post outside my window and I'll look out, see flakes of snow dancing around in the air... two minutes later they're gone. Ten more minutes or so and it's the same old story, wish it would just fecking SNOW!

lol - even more here then at AH - seriously contribute. We need temps and reports. Don't be shy. Ask questions:D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

getting heavy again in d8, I'd imagine it will start lodging soon if it keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

ok its official @01.38 am in Ballycullane Co Wexford it started to snow ........wooooooooo hooooooooooo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still the odd little flake blowing about in the wind here, the DP is -3.9c and temp 0.8c (which has dropped a fair bit!). Everything is in place!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

The irish sea is working its magic and starting to pep up some showers on the latest radar. light snow here in finglas at the mo.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This is awesome:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/18605835/detail.html

Man Drives 700 Miles To Bring Snow To Gwinnett Grandkids

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. -- An Indiana man filled his pickup truck with snow and drove more than 700 miles to metro Atlanta just so his grandchildren could make a snowman.

Randi Dyer of Lawrenceville said her father loaded up his Chevy long-bed pickup with the white stuff and made the nine-hour trip to surprise his two granddaughters. But it wasn’t just the kids who got a kick out of seeing snow.

“I’ve been complaining all winter about not having snow,” said Dyer. She said her daughters, Bradleigh and Rileigh Graham, spent all morning building a snowman.

“My neighbors have been stopping to take pictures and wondering how we got snow in our yard,” said Dyer.

Initially, Dyer said her father, who was headed to Florida on a business trip, thought about filling up a cooler with snow.

“But Dad decided to take the truck and fill it completely with snow,” said Dyer.

Ironically, Channel 2 meteorologist David Chandley is monitoring a chance of snow across metro Atlanta early next week.

Knowing metro Atlanta may get its own white stuff is bittersweet, said Dyer.

“Still, there’s nothing better than Indiana snow,” she said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement