Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Great snowing here in Waterford.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Not snowing here but im taking the day off and doing some praying.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Yup lovely dusting of snow here in Waterford driving in this morning was lovely. Hopefully its the start of a big event !:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Something heading in off the Irish Sea around Dogheda which make it down to you WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Very heavy snow shower in south Laois at the moment....very impressive!

• Advertisement

At least BBC forecast lifted my confidence that what falls tonight will be snow and has a decent bit along the east coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

so whats the forecast for today:? it is already melting

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like there is gonna be alot of snow from dublin down to wexford, and heading west. Looks like in gonna totally miss this one, just to far north.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

where is my snow?!

is there any more coming?

No Docarch that bands too far north.

I think the radar plots are slightly off though as i should have been affected by some of the precip from the south if the map was plotted correctly.

• Advertisement

shower passing to my north

2.3c here now with the stuff on the ground melting fast.

Dewpoint is a perfect -3c though which is actually dropping.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'm happy to report that it's still snowing here. :D Huge flakes now.

I have to head off to Blanchardstown in an hour (M50!) - is it snowing over that way?

Can see a snow shower moving into Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

No, good dusting though, more on the way I reckon..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looking at the radar its a bit worrying for us in meath & louth, the showers are moving very much north east to south east and I think the Northern Ireland coastline etc is blocking the showers our way, ive a feeling most of the snow for today will be in a line from dublin city across to the south midlands and southwards, I think we need the wind/showers to move more east rather than south east for most of us to stand a good chance of seeing snow.

seeing lots of dark snow showers moving to my south but mostly clear here over head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

A few minutes ago I looked out and there was blue skies now there is grey skies and SNOW :D in Drogheda.

Some lovely echoes heading into Dublin city.

Heading in around 3 miles south of here.:eek:

Havent had a pick of snow since 330am

Belting down powdery stuff again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Wow :eek: Its lashing down here in Borris, Co Carlow. A good inch so far and everything covered. And looking at the radar, more to come. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wonger

003.JPG

Hope the picture works ....... 20 minutes ago in Citywest .....!!!

• Advertisement

Yep looking out the window now the shower line is about......ummmmmm 2 1/2 miles to my south. nice wan

Back to big flakes again. 0.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭arctictree

Gonzo wrote: »
    looks like there is gonna be alot of snow from dublin down to wexford, and heading west. Looks like in gonna totally miss this one, just to far north.

Ha - Payback time! Remember last year when Meath/Louth got it and we got nothing in Wicklow?!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Is it wishfull thinking that we would see anything in Cork Today?

arctictree wrote: »
    Ha - Payback time! Remember last year when Meath/Louth got it and we got nothing in Wicklow?!

Yeah - I keep that in the back of my mind when I hear complaints from those north of Dublin - we've got the conch now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Snowing like a mofo at UCD now. I don't want to be here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ah, tis nice to have a sugar coated landscape..its been so long since I saw it last :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The snow looks a bit too keen to melt from what I can see, near Dublin city centre on southside.

Still, it's snowing fairly heavily at the moment. With temperatures set to rise a bit during the day, will it stop any snow showers from sticking in Dublin??

Whatever about coastal areas, there are parts of the south east which are going to do very well out of this. Castlecomer is the place to be, if you're not a mountain goat or armed with a 4x4.

Arctictree wrote:

Nicely spotted lol. Funny how you mention that, I was thinking that the areas on the east coast which were lathered with snow a year will be the ones who will miss out on snow on the east coast today.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Yeah - I keep that in the back of my mind when I hear complaints from those north of Dublin - we've got the conch now! :D

yeaaaaaa:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

hi guys, so are the people in limerick going to get sum show tonight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement