Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

im gone from having nothing to pure whiteout.did ya see the radar.heaviest over my head and still snowing.was well worth the wait:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Is there any big showers heading in my direction;Clane,Co Kildare.There is a white covering but nothing major.Maby later will get better,what do yea think experts ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Just about to leave the children into the classroom.. Im thinking of putting a sattelite image onto the whiteboard during the day so they can track the showers coming over Waterford.

Could any of the resident experts give me one URL to an image I can refresh every few mins? Im going to turn today into one big weather lesson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

In Ringsend at the moment overlooking both sides of the city. Something big seems to be coming in off the coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

tony1212 wrote: »
    hi guys, so are the people in limerick going to get sum show tonight

We just got a few flakes there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Off to eat my sorrows away with a nice wholesome breakfast! A lot of sky and radar watching to be doing today;)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

A very light dusting in Tipp Town, looks like it fell a couple of hours ago............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I humbly take back my melting snow comments:D

The initiative has been nicely regained by 10 minutes of heavy snow here, and still steadily falling. Nasty graupel crap but it'll do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Trotter wrote: »
    Just about to leave the children into the classroom.. Im thinking of putting a sattelite image onto the whiteboard during the day so they can track the showers coming over Waterford.

Could any of the resident experts give me one URL to an image I can refresh every few mins? Im going to turn today into one big weather lesson!

http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

light to medium snow here in Tallaght last 10 mins.

• Advertisement

Actually South wicklow and wexford look like being the quietest areas today if so far is the trend.
    Big clear part of the Sea upwind of us.

I humbly take back my melting snow comments:D

The initiative has been nicely regained by 10 minutes of heavy snow here, and still steadily falling. Nasty graupel crap but it'll do!!

So you mean if i had of went to college? Or are you in halls?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

nooooooooo don't say that BB, I took the day off work especially!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

its the perfect snow, light fluffy powdery, without the slightest melt here (temp -1.1°C) and theres dark clouds overhead, whoohoo!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

dedon wrote: »
    We just got a few flakes there!!

i saw that, but i was hoping for a bit more snow than that, so do you think we will get to see some heavy snow in limerick 2nite

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Wind picking up and hail/sleet falling now.

holy **** its bad and im only 75metres above sea level

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭squonk

I only had a hail shower around 5:45 and that made the ground white, but by the time I got up at 6:50 the hail had all melted, even the stuff on the cars. There wasn't even a slipper spot to be found anywhere and it was only really after Howth Junction on the train before I started to see any snow. fingers crossed for later this evening!

tony1212 wrote: »
    i saw that, but i was hoping for a bit more snow than that, so do you think we will get to see some heavy snow in limerick 2nite

It doesnt look good to me. All Leinster really. What do others think?

• Advertisement

redsunset wrote: »
    holy **** its bad and im only 75metres above sea level
    Should clear soon...

I'm not bitter :D

As you can see the Irish sea due east is quiet now unfortunately except for whats going to run into louth dublin and meath

So clear blue skies here now.

ah i deserve it.didn't get a wink of sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Anybody know what the chances are of having snow in Cavan today? It is bone dry here at the momen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

So is the snowfall on the east coast as heavy as everyone was expecting? ,All i see in the comments is 1 cm etc. :confused:

Bone dry here in Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

it is very dark here in Lucan but nothing falling - snow melting outside

Remember to keep our eye on the prize lads!

Here is a pic from southeast England this morning:eek:

DSCF0214.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 20somethings

So unfair, this total waste of a space of a country can't even get SNOW right. The first time in 100 years I see snow and it might melt by noon!?!?

What about the generation of kids who have NEVER seen snow except on a skiing holiday? What about poor kids who can't afford skiing holidays!?!

SORT THIS SNOW DROUGHT OUT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Aye Weathercheck, in halls. I shall see what college is like, but no reports till after 1!

• Advertisement

Met Eireann last night said the east would see a few snow showers. Now they have stated a severe warning. How do they always get it SO wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement