Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

So unfair, this total waste of a space of a country can't even get SNOW right. The first time in 100 years I see snow and it might melt by noon!?!?

what age are you then..?? 101 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Friend says its a blizzard in Bray and its snowing lightly here in Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Pelting down here in Drogheda.... sitting in work wondering how I might get home this evening if this keeps up..!!! Especially considering I live considerably higher than Drogheda..!

Rats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

sky news give savage snow spreading from the east and all snow tomorrow.heres hopin:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dark, with moderate hail/graupel/snow here adding to the base.
    Temperature -0.8°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

wow at the snow lying on the english bins , thats crazy at least a foot of snow there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

whiteout here in trim at the mo an inch in half hour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

garytuohy wrote: »
    what age are you then..?? 101 ?
    Wonder if your name might be Methuselah :Dthen?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

just into the office here in Drogheda and was some fun trying to drive in near blizzard conditions! mostly hail but turning to snow. come on clouds...dump plenty more please :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow has stopped here for the moment - a good 2cm cover everywhere.

0.7c with DP 0.3c (I think the DP may be off as sensor is covered in snow? - different sensor to thermo)

Off to Blanch now on the M50 - I may be gone some time! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Stepaside is covered this morning! Stopped snowing now though so hope it doesnt all melt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

its coming like a train. hasn't stopped.i see heavier stuff coming out of dublin reaching me shortly.woohoo happy days:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Patience people, the best has yet to come (quote taken from a post on netweather):
    ** eastern Ireland could start to get very heavy bands of snow later as the frontal dynamics pile into the existing sea effect squall bands on the Irish Sea. The problem here is the warmer SST values in the Irish Sea which could just turn any marginal conditions to sleet or rain temporarily.
    I'm over in Galway, might have to wait a few days but it's looking good for Thursday when the wind turns NNE and we start getting some really cold air from the artic.

This chart for Thursday looks a lot like a polar low coming our way :eek:.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/EIRECO%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]PPVK89.png

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

One can only hope what has stuck so far will stay long enough for the heavier falls predicted. If it melts, we're screwed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

redsunset wrote: »
    its coming like a train. hasn't stopped.i see heavier stuff coming out of dublin reaching me shortly.woohoo happy days:p

:mad:How come you aregetting all the good stuff,we are just getting flurries,are we not in the right path:(

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Ballyknockan, West Wicklow about 20 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

its looking like we could be in for some downfall of snow tonight, judging by what Met Eireann are saying. Bring it on:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like am gona mish another shower, another decent one headed for entry this time probably 1 mile to my south:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Looks like am gona mish another shower, another decent one headed for entry this time probably 1 mile to my south:pac:

what radar you looking at WC? the met.ie one is so damn slow to update.

rc28 wrote: »
    Meteireann now exclusively use the word snow to describe the precipitation for today and tomorrow- some areas are going to have serious accumulations by tomorrow night.

my stuff is melting :( be a different world if temps were 2C lower!

• Advertisement

sirpsycho wrote: »
    what radar you looking at WC? the met.ie one is so damn slow to update.

I purchased the NW one for a mount, around 4 euros

Not the best mind but updates every 5mins but some different resolutions which makes tracking akward

Looking at the vis sat looks like it is the Isle of Man blocking shower activity for North country, however here shouldd still get them but isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Everyting we had around work is melted now, just looks like we had a heavy rain shower. Hopefully what ever snow we get later will stick, but I dunno, maybe someone with more weather knowledge will know better

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Everyting we had around work is melted now, just looks like we had a heavy rain shower. Hopefully what ever snow we get later will stick, but I dunno, maybe someone with more weather knowledge will know better

Ditto, had a nice covering this morning in D15, but nothing since around 6 to 7am. Sunny here now starting to melt anything still lying. :(

NW radar really of queue, think it thinks portmarnock is skerries.

Shows heavy showers to the East and ENE but infact the shower is moving to my south.

Still havent seen a flake of snow since 330am

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I've just heard that Letterkenny has got a decent covering with schools closed and chaos on the roads. :mad: Why oh why am I not at work there today? :mad::mad:

snowing heavily here again
    Good powdery stuff coming straight in off the sea.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Whereabouts are you Weathercheck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Sun's starting to come out strongly now in D15..cover is starting to melt :|

Those showers in the irish sea need to get here quick!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement