Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

darkman2 wrote: »
    Hey Weathercheck - could be thundersnow on the way. Check out the anvils to the east:D

I see looks far enough north to affect us! Here's hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

it snowed for exactly 20 seconds here in Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

smashey wrote: »
    My reporter on the streets of Letterkenny confirms it. :D

wow. i didn't think any place in the west would see snow today. unless ye have moved Donegal further east for the week:confused:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Meanwhile, the meso-scale low in central France is heading straight for Dublin over 24-30 hours and this can only mean a period later today and through the night of knife-edge drama, will it stay all snow, start mixing with sleet, change to rain briefly? Maybe at sea level and very close to the coast. However, this will bring snow much further inland later and give most other parts of Ireland a covering.

Great post MT, thanks.

With regard to overnight and into Tuesday what can we except in Waterford city, about 10km from the coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Got snowed in here in wickla'!!! Great to see all the kids out playin in the snow!! I could prob get out if I really wanted to have a four wheel drive but just gonna relax for the day! :)
    My daughter is out having a great time having snowball fights!!!
    Snowing now again :D
    Believe traffic is awful on the n11, there was 2 crashes outside my estate, same when it was icy there in December.
    Long may it last!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fionagus wrote: »
    Ditto for Galway :mad:

i feel your pain. still, we may have something smile about from Thursday onwards.

This shower going slightly too far north DM!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Not a drop in Roscommon thankgod. Hate snow. Nice bright crisp day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

ac1977 wrote: »
    Blue skies and balmy sunshine here in Cork

where in Cork are you? am just outside Togher and up to a minute ago was looking at blue skies,.lots of grey cloud creeping in now... fingers and toes are all crossed

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

This shower going slightly too far north DM!?

Not for me;)

Edit: snowing now.

And the sun is shining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

The next band is coming in now. Mostly around the Dublin mountains at the moment.

Shower went to the north, a few flakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

i wanna send pics how do i do it please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Lashing snow in Drogheda one minute blue skies and sunshine the next! Now its like hailstones falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭CarList.ie

redsunset wrote: »
    i wanna send pics how do i do it please

Click the paperclip icon when replying, it allows you to upload a file.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Letterkenny has heavy snow at the moment ,Met eireann certaintly didnt predict it, No snow in my location in south Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Can any weather gurus predict whether we will get any snow in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I'm guessing 1-2 inches of snow for Waterford, 4 inches would be possible.

But I am not as familiar with the local variations as most on here, so you might get a better estimate.

Can see that the winds will back slightly, current direction is about 060, will come in more 030 later. This would presumably bring the sea effect back more parallel with the coast south of Dublin.

Well, at least there is snow to discuss this winter, and it is going to get very interesting later today when this low starts approaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Just got a photo from my sister in Uxbridge of my nieces playing in knee deep snow!:D
    Here's hoping that some of this wintery goodness moves west over the next few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

All snow melted in Blanch now, but skies are dark and a few flakes just fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Looks like this snow thing is going to be a non event for the most part :( The sun is splitting the trees here in Cavan. Im really disapointed. I was hoping to see a load of snow this morning. Typical Irish weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

A couple of Dark Clouds rolling into Cork, hopefully we might see a flurry or 2 today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

All snow melted in Blanch now, but skies are dark and a few flakes just fell.

Up the road from you, same here, the wind seems to have picked up a bit now, getting dark and a few light flakes of snow blowing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Also in blanch..would have preferred if the sun had a chance to dry the surfaces before any more snow!

That only seemed like a passing flurry anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Hey guys, the RTE website is looking for pics: mobilenews@rte.ie

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0202/weather.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Framer62

Starting to cloud over in Monaghan..yiphee!

BBC weather there talking of 40cm in northeast England overnight!

Had snow over eastern Ireland increasing all afternoon and overnight:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Clouds are draping the Blue Stacks...

See the latest Met warnings too....
    Pangea wrote: »
    Letterkenny has heavy snow at the moment ,Met eireann certaintly didnt predict it, No snow in my location in south Donegal.

• Advertisement

Still no showers for here in the near future:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement