Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Best snowfall I have seen for a number of years!! :D

For the first time in a long time also the snow has lasted past morning! Heavy snow showers on and off since morning, quite a day out and hopefully it'll be an interesting night also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The forecaster also said some parts of London will have foot by nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Absolute whiteout conditions here in Carlow Town. Brilliant Brilliant Day. I think us here in the southeast were due a Day like today. AMAZING!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Nothing so far since early this morning here in my part of Glasnevin - I say my part of Glasnevin because I can see showers both to the south and west about a KM away. Does seem to be getting darker though so here's hoping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The snow showers should start pepping up from now on. In the lighter showers just likely to be hail but the heavier showers are giving a dumping for some. Hope we get out of this rain shadow soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Looks like showers over north Dublin now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

ok no offence but whats the ages of everyone in this thread?

i'm only 21 and think of snow as a disaster.. dangerous roads for getting to work in the morning. i thought it was only kids with school that liked snow.

hopin it doesn't reach galway at all.

:o:eek: I'm as old as the hills. Way safer driving in snow BTW. Everyone goes slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

i'm only 21 and think of snow as a disaster.. dangerous roads for getting to work in the morning. i thought it was only kids with school that liked snow.

hehehe , all kids on this thread my dear man , and each for their own ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Heavy graupel shower now in Dame St

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Sun is shining here in North Tipp, no snow in sight at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

go away

Snowing here again.

Just back from Arklow.
    Passing the schools on the coolgreaney road,there were massive snowball fights.
    The kids were doing roadblocks taking the snow off the cars.They must have taken a wheelbarrow of the stuff off the bonnet of mine[coming in from the country it was by far the snowiest in the queue!] and by heck did the gang get it across the road then :D

Valentia wrote: »
    :o:eek: I'm as old as the hills. Way safer driving in snow BTW. Everyone goes slow.
    I'm not gonna look for evidence but i'm gonna presume there are more crashes when there's snow.

There's plenty of young people like myself who've never driven in snow and would be fairly likely to cause an accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bermenstein

Come on man/woman, is there not a part of you that likes the white stuff??

Nobody wants any disasters or anything, but its better than rain at least...
    Dont think it will reach the west, so Galway should be ok.

You can have the rain.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Bright bright sunshine here in Dundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

I'm not gonna look for evidence but i'm gonna presume there are more crashes when there's snow.

There's plenty of young people like myself who've never driven in snow and would be fairly likely to cause an accident.

Down with this sort of thing.

Careful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Could anyone give me a prediction and/or some piece of mind!

I've to drive from Dublin to Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath & back on Wednesday afternoon, and I'm due to fly out of Dublin airport on Thursday morning...

Does anyone think I'll encounter any problems?

Thanks,
    S.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Highsider wrote: »
    Bright bright sunshine here in Dundrum.
    Much snow down though? Was a cm or 2 out back this morning when I left, but the roads and path were clear :( yet I saw a pic of the dunmartin link road and it was COVERED - path and road both.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

rc28 wrote: »
    Any idea what it's like out in Dunboyne/Dunshaughlin direction?- have to get a bus home this evening. How much have you got on the ground now?

Just back from Dunboyne, almost dry, hardly any signs left of this mornings snow.

Car was showing 2C.

Bit of a write off out here today, although we usually seem to escape any snow. Sunny and bright here still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

True but no one gets killed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

PauloMN wrote: »
    Just back from Dunboyne, almost dry, hardly any signs left of this mornings snow.

Car was showing 2C.

Bit of a write off out here today, although we usually seem to escape any snow. Sunny and bright here still.

It seems all the snow in Meath has gone to Trim/Navan areas with schools shutting there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Absolutely horsing snow down in rosenallis Co.Laois now

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It seems all the snow in Meath has gone to Trim/Navan areas with schools shutting there too.

Yep, mad how the snow seems to be so localised - they're getting it north, south, east and west of where I am!!

how longs it meant ta last actually?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Could anyone give me a prediction and/or some piece of mind!

I've to drive from Dublin to Dunshaughlin, Co. Meath & back on Wednesday afternoon, and I'm due to fly out of Dublin airport on Thursday morning...

Does anyone think I'll encounter any problems?

Thanks,
    S.

Doubt you will have a problem but check ahead anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just had another moderately heavy snow shower, lovely big flakes :D, seems to have turned to really fine snow now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

kenmc wrote: »
    Much snow down though? Was a cm or 2 out back this morning when I left, but the roads and path were clear :( yet I saw a pic of the dunmartin link road and it was COVERED - path and road both.
    Nah. It's all melted.Typical Irish snow TBH :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

can anyone tell me the chances of snow in limerick this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Here in Ballivor the school shut early and kids out playing in the snow. Its not snowing at the moment but the roads would appear to be a little dicey. I only due into work later tonight on shift up in Dublin so I will make a decision later on but at the moment I plan to make the trip albeit a little slower than normal.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

how longs it meant ta last actually?

possibly a week. don't you worry about not having any snow in Galway yet- i'm sure before the week is out you'll see some there:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement