Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Well its been 10 and half hours since the last snow shower. Fairly depressing really, to think at 330am i wouldnt see another shower.. Bloomin eck.

What happened Irish sea? What happened?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Well its been 10 and half hours since the last snow shower. Fairly depressing really, to think at 330am i wouldnt see another shower.. Bloomin eck.

Oh dear! I feel your pain. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

ok no offence but whats the ages of everyone in this thread?

i'm only 21 and think of snow as a disaster.. dangerous roads for getting to work in the morning. i thought it was only kids with school that liked snow.

hopin it doesn't reach galway at all.

You're never to old to be a Snow Baby:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Showers picking up in the irish sea again now.

That low will be over us tonight so temps should be low enough to keep the precipitation as snow.

Patience Grasshopper;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

forkassed wrote: »
    Showers picking up again in the irish sea again now.

That low will be over us tonight so temps should be low enough to keep the precipitation as snow.

Patience Grasshopper;)

Yes, a weak line of showers has formed in last half hour to the east/NE of Dub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

This should keep rampers/pessimists happy , its the 6z gfs snow output for this week , may be a brief less cold interlude mid week then eyes north and back in business ;)

b68c8389da0.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

wat about snow in limerick, anyone please tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

will the east coast see as much snow overnight as the south east of england
    got this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Women on the local radio from Met Eireann says that theres to be showers of snow for my area throughout the day, then tonight and early tomorrow theres to be more persistant, heavier falls of snow!

I can live with that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭passinginterest

Had a nice shower here in Tallaght a few minutes ago, just topped things up nicely as it started to melt. Anyone who doesn't smile when they see snow must be dead inside. Unless you were heading on holiday and had a flight cancelled or some such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

Took me 2 hours to get from the Curragh Racecourse to Naas this morning, whiteout conditions several times, not that it mattered as I never got out of first gear.

Roads as bad as I've seen in ages, not a gritter to be seen anywhere.

A bit of a thaw setting in here now, 2.8C/0.3C DP, but those values should start to drop from now on.

Schools have already decided not to open tomorrow morning, kids are going to have a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Working ;);) from home today.
    All snow on the street outside my house has melted during the couse of the morning but now it's pelting down. Almost looks like fog it's so heavy :D:D

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Alzar wrote: »
    Working ;);) from home today.
    All snow on the street outside my house has melted during the couse of the morning but now it's pelting down. Almost looks like fog it's so heavy :D:D

Al.

Same here, working from home, kids off school, LOADS of snow outside and a very happy 31 year old child inside!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭crushproof

Seriously........everyone else seems to have snow!!

None in North Tipp at all.....the flippin sun was shining earlier on!!! Why Why Whyyyyyyyyy!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

The Nth Dublin area snow shield is still holding firm... cloud hits it and then breaks up and float on by overhead - nice thick grey lumps that then reform when they move inland. Its pretty efficient, must have went down earlier in the night for a bit as some bits got through.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

100 pages, nearly 1500 posts and 65000 views! The Snow thread is hot!! :D

tony1212 wrote: »
    wat about snow in limerick, anyone please tell me

Yes our turn comes later in the week ....patience.

forkassed wrote: »
    Showers picking up in the irish sea again now.

Patience Grasshopper;)
    They're not really that I can see.
    Ok theres been 2 or 3 inches max in some areas from showers but honestly I thought there would be a lot more widespread last night as thats when the coldest air was aloft.

Pressures dropping like a stone and still the shower activity is well less than average.

The met are confusing the story a bit as they are combining the forecast of showers with the arrival of the front tonight.
    The two are different.
    It doesnt look like there will be prolonged showers this afternoon-just fast passing ones which won't be adding to the total because once the sun is out in between them-big thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

salonfire wrote: »
    Letterkenny got a good pasting alright! Took me two hours to get through the town this morning. Absolute mayhem!

Sure Letterkenny gets everything, don't you know.

Taking our snow now.
    :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopefully more tonight, were just really unlucky in Dunshaughlin so far, nothing but a few crappy hail showers yet a few miles to our west and north is geting plastered. It seems were in the direct path of that Isle Of Man which is why were getting next to nothing. If the wind would veer more to the east would help alot:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

kerry1960 wrote: »
    Yes our turn comes later in the week ....patience.

later in the week? tonight/tomorrow morning looks very likely according to met eireann unless i am missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

This must be the most popular weather thread on boards weather ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

An anvil moving a good few miles to my north, nothing in shot to my NE on the latest radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

what is the earliest, Cork could expect snow? So far any precipitation is dieing out before getting down here.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Mix of sleet, rain and the odd stray flake here now... will be brief though as I can literally see the one cloud overhead responsible.

positron wrote: »
    100 pages, nearly 1500 posts and 65000 views! The Snow thread is hot!! :D

And the main event hasnt even begun :p
    Bye the way has anyone seen a frozen man with a camera lurking
    around Annamone this afternoon :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

GavinH wrote: »
    what is the earliest, Cork could expect snow? So far any precipitation is dieing out before getting down here.

have a few flurries in mallow...late tonight i'd say is most likely and heavy enough snow in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

nilhg wrote: »
    Took me 2 hours to get from the Curragh Racecourse to Naas this morning, whiteout conditions several times, not that it mattered as I never got out of first gear.

Em, shouldn't you avoid being in first gear when driving in snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

They're not really that I can see.

If you compare the met office radar 13:00 to 13:30, theres more showers on the later graphic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

The snow has all but melted here in Waterford City. More expected tonight but I wouldn't hold my breath.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement