Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

Bags 1500th :D

doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

rc28 wrote: »
    Yes, a weak line of showers has formed in last half hour to the east/NE of Dub

I'm seeing bunches of seagulls flying round here now so I hope that means there's something coming behind them We had a blast of sun since my last report but cloud cover coming back here now - not as dark as before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

stebishop wrote: »
    Em, shouldn't you avoid being in first gear when driving in snow?

Not when you are doing 2mph, the traffic was (could still be) queued from the junction with the M9 right back to the Monasterevin side of Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

have a few flurries in mallow...late tonight i'd say is most likely and heavy enough snow in the morning!

So you have already had a few flurrys in Mallow. Did they show up on the Radar?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

More showers pepping up on lastest radar, nice snow here in Carlow again, but the sun in between is undoing the showers

• Advertisement

forkassed wrote: »
    If you compare the met office radar 13:00 to 13:30, theres more showers on the later graphic.
    Copy that theres quite a wide train heading for Dublin by the looks of it.

But really theres not much there other than that train.
    It should be snowing quite a while for anyone under it.

The raintoday radar site is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Decent shower moved to my north looks like another one heading into Dublin bay to my south :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

GavinH wrote: »
    So you have already had a few flurrys in Mallow. Did they show up on the Radar?

not too sure about that...was nothing major just swirling of little flakes..good sign though for dewpoints etc if thr promised precipitation lands later..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Hopefully Cork will get something this evening or tonight
    Even though many are reporting snow there is little of substance on the radar. Our best chance is when the low moves over us tomorrow morning and once it isn't too mild.
    All in all as Matty said a bit disappointing how the really cold uppers didn't kick off more showers. I suppose the east wind is usually dry and we are lucky we have a low knocking around tomorrow.
    This could quite easily go pearshaoped for most of us so the best trend is to just be hopeful!

By the way don't mind Met Eireann and their warnings they just respond to what's happening. How showers kicked off in Letterkenny today I'll never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Sunny 3C, Dp -2C

Only little patches left, pretty much as expected, but got to record lying snow at 9am obs
    The occasional flurry still that drops temp quite quickly, but in the main sunny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light snow starting here again now. 2.5c DP -1.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still pegging it down here! :D

A few pics, they're not worthy of the picture thread, so I'll pop em in here if thats ok.

The garden:
    g1.jpg

2 inches! :)
    g2.jpg

not too sure about that...was nothing major just swirling of little flakes..good sign though for dewpoints etc if thr promised precipitation lands later..
    If you look at the radar what you are see'ing is whats left of the showers that came into Dublin wicklow,wexford and carlow.
    It's unfortunately not a sign that the main band is guaranteed to be snow at your location when it arrives as it inevitably will rise dewpoints see'ing as it's traveling in from Biscay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea bitta snow headed into Swords/Donabate i would say (decent CB).

Showers now moving from the NE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Hopefully Cork will get something this evening or tonight
    Even though many are reporting snow there is little of substance on the radar. Our best chance is when the low moves over us tomorrow morning and once it isn't too mild.
    All in all as Matty said a bit disappointing how the really cold uppers didn't kick off more showers. I suppose the east wind is usually dry and we are lucky we have a low knocking around tomorrow.
    This could quite easily go pearshaoped for most of us so the best trend is to just be hopeful!

By the way don't mind Met Eireann and their warnings they just respond to what's happening. How showers kicked off in Letterkenny today I'll never know

not just rte though..saw it on bbc as well and accuweather(don't know how reliable that is)..the real action was always today/tonight as being seen in the uk now so nothing too wrong to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

So is this the end of it? Will it ever get cold enough to stick properly (<0)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Confab wrote: »
    So is this the end of it? Will it ever get cold enough to stick properly (<0)?

End of it?! :pac: Cold enough to stick properly? :pac:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58859137&postcount=1513

Yes yes, for Carlownian's it's been a blast ;) For us poor Dublin schmucks it's been slush, slush and what's this? More slush!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Does anybody think we might just get rain tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Wind picking up with light snow/hail in d15 now..first precip in hours. We'll see how long this one lasts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

hi not sure if this is in the right thread so feel free to move it if necessary....

I live in wexford and have to travel to dublin tonight as part of a college course im doing
    Anyone from dublin able to tell me what the weather is like there at the min?
    Not sure if I should go or not with the weather theway it is as I have to get a bus home at 20.30 and worried roads will be bad by then and buses might be cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Still nothing in Ardee, sun shining away like it was early May :(

Have officially given up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

LookingFor wrote: »
    Wind picking up with light snow/hail in d15 now..first precip in hours. We'll see how long this one lasts..

Absolutely horsing down with hail here in D15 at the moment. Gone really dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

dragonfly! wrote: »
    hi not sure if this is in the right thread so feel free to move it if necessary....

I live in wexford and have to travel to dublin tonight as part of a college course im doing
    Anyone from dublin able to tell me what the weather is like there at the min?
    Not sure if I should go or not with the weather theway it is as I have to get a bus home at 20.30 and worried roads will be bad by then and buses might be cancelled?

Well, there's really nothing here atm but you might meet tricky conditions on the journey up through Wicklow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

DOCARCH wrote: »

Yep - not a hope of snow on coastal fringes tonight. The dew points will be rising.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_06_UTC/18_18.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

For your enthusiasm, thanks..

It has cheered and warmed a cold, cold day.

Watching alternate snow and sun here in the Blue Stacks in Donegal.. and longing for thick, thick snow.

If we get rain I'm sending in a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

PauloMN wrote: »

Stopped down here in my part before it really even started..was just a flurry. Still, it's darker now than before, overcast to my north.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

PauloMN wrote: »

at least it looks nice and white :D

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote: »
    Yep - not a hope of snow on coastal fringes tonight. The dew points will be rising.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_06_UTC/18_18.gif

That's what I'm afraid of!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement