Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

No rain here tonight :D
    heavy..yes heavy, proper heavy..not wussy sea level heavy, wintry precip here now (snow/hail/graupel mixture) WHITE OUT ...whaaahhoooo

I love the sneachta :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Supercell wrote: »
    No rain here tonight :D
    heavy..yes heavy, proper heavy..not wussy sea level heavy, wintry precip here now (snow/hail/graupel mixture) WHITE OUT ...whaaahhoooo

I love the sneachta :D
    Smug much? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

DOCARCH wrote: »
    That's what I'm afraid of!

Defo wouldn't say not a hope DM, GFS... the mildest core model suggest dewpoints will reach 1c for a time.

If theres heaving snow at first it will stay at snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Started snowing again in Dundalk for the first time since last night :D

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Defo wouldn't say not a hope DM, GFS... the mildest core model suggest dewpoints will reach 1c for a time.

If theres heaving snow at first it will stay at snow.

Keep an eye on the M2 bouy on Met.ie - now it is comfortable for snow -2.2C - but if it goes above 0.3 I cannot see snow at sea level.

smashey wrote: »
    Smug much? :D
    Moi? :P;):pac:
    I er feel for our Dubliner members and their sleety wet non settling stuff. I feel sorry for you..yes..I do...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

LookingFor wrote: »
    Stopped down here in my part before it really even started..was just a flurry. Still, it's darker now than before, overcast to my north.

:) I think it had actually stopped here before I'd even hit "Submit Reply". I think I've resigned myself to the fact that this week is going to be yet another non-event as far as snow goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Nothing at all in Moate. And no snow either :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Smug f**ker, wait till later in the year, we get all the dense fog down here... HAH!

Jealous? :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

really heavy graupel here in leixlip for a few minutes - its gone to light snow now - very dark !!!

Is it expected for the day now?

darkman2 wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the M2 bouy on Met.ie - now it is comfortable for snow -2.2C - but if it goes above 0.3 I cannot see snow at sea level.

I can, the wind wont be thaat strong when the lows overhead, i reckon we could have snow at a DP of 0.5c here.

The DP of M2 bouy will rise to 1 or 2c around 4am but thats in the salty sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Getting that heavy snow/hail/whatever reported in d15 earlier, now...looks like it's gonna be very short lived though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Chances of Limerick snow guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

kerry1960 wrote: »
    And the main event hasnt even begun :p
    whens that due?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 stj

very heavy powdery snow coming in off the sea here in gormanstown:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

darkman2 wrote: »
    That report was 1am...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Weather forecast just finished on RTE predicts snowtastic conditions overnight !!

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still pegging it down here!!! :D

I've been waiting for such a fall for yearssssssss, the last time I seen any decent snow was the mid 90's!! I didnt get anything in 2001(?) or any other recent year. So I'm making the most of this one! :pac:

Feck this, I'm going for a walk in it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Just had a light snow flurrie. No rain hail or sleet, just snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Conditions over Newbridge have become decidedly schizophrenic. Sunny to overcast to snowing to sunny, constantly :mad:

1c / -1.2 DP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Lads just to say thanks a lot for the tips and help this morning. The kids in school had a ball watching the charts to see what was coming in and trying to predict the snow showers.

We're pretty much on sea level here in Waterford so I suspect we've seen the last of it given 'the mood' on the thread this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

YAY>>> Snow has arrived in Cavan :D

Looks like some heavy snow showers heading for south Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford area in next few hours.

Looks decidely dry north of this line though. And with the wind NE not looking too good for here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I suspect we've seen the last of it given 'the mood' on the thread this evening?

You might be lucky, I don't think the 'snow supply' has been turned off yet. A lot to come tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Limerick?

Looks like some heavy snow showers heading for south Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford area in next few hours.

Looks decidely dry north of this line though. And with the wind NE not looking too good for here.

I dunno WC, you see the radar over England?, I reckon a lot of that will make it over here and even snow starved Portmarnockians might see something decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

nice big flakes here..not lashing down but nice to see

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ok is there any chance of snow for us north of Dublin tonight or is it Game over for us already? So far for the past 12 hours the Isle of Man has blocked all snow showers and kept them mainly in South Dublin and south from that. Will this pattern continue for the rest of the day and all of tonight or is there something that will change this and give us snow to North Dublin, Meath and Louth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Trotter wrote: »
    Lads just to say thanks a lot for the tips and help this morning. The kids in school had a ball watching the charts to see what was coming in and trying to predict the snow showers.

We're pretty much on sea level here in Waterford so I suspect we've seen the last of it given 'the mood' on the thread this evening?

As long as it's cold and the dew point stays below 0 then we'll have more snow later this evening/tonight.
    Have a look at the radar image here through the day http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/ and you'll see the snow approaching before it arrives.
    It might just turn out to be rain but if conditions are good for snow at the time then we'll see a lot more snow than this morning. ;) Either way, after midday Tuesday passes that'll be the end of the window for snow in the Waterford area for this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement