Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm becoming less confident of coastal Dublin's chances of snow by the second :(

(Just seen the above link. ARGGHH!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

The problem is that nobody (at least at lower levels) is reporting any snow sticking. So no matter what you see falling out of the skies today and tonight, it will be rather dissapointing to see water all over the roads like conventional showers. Here's praying for freezing ice to develop tonight and much heavier snow to fall later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Clane,Co Kildare.

Just had a good shower a while ago,first big flakes I have seen all day.Is that a sign of things to come,I wonder.What do the experts say,please.
    Its been rather boring here all day,a sprinkle here and there.
    What do you think lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Snow flakes gettin bigger wit each passin shower, just not enough of it and not cold enough to stick yet!.......COME ON!!

<b>SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW !!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Total layman here, but looking at met eireann's radar, has the dreaded isle of man 'gap' tracked a bit more southerly now? Winds slightly more northerly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

bit of proper snow in north dub, oh stopped again !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Skies just got very dark and snows started falling again.

Opr

Complete white out down here.
    Really really really heavy snow and I mean heavy.
    About an inch and a half in the last half hour and piling up!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Starting to snow heavy in Dundalk now!!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Very heavy snow shower in Murroe, Limerick at the moment!

First shower of the day in the area.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just got extremely dark in Blanch again. Fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Streamer developing for Louth/Meath areas at last?
    Radar 1605.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea would defo like it abit colder but the only way this can really happen is that we get some persistent snow. It will stuck then, cant really expect a miniscule amount of snow ti stick if theres no a cover and even more so if theres a wet ground.

But sticking abit to grass and some roofs here.

Some fine snowgrains now, heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-0.9C here with a dew point of -2.2C :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Just after getting VERY dark here in Ashbourne, Meath and snow is pelting it down.

Been snowing on and off all day, but not sticking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Light snow now in Dublin Port. No chance of it sticking with the wet ground though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

rc28 wrote: »
    Streamer developing for Louth/Meath areas at last?
    Radar 1605.png

Yep looking better for this region now.

Hopefully we can get some heavy persistent stuff!

And at least now we wont have daytime heating to worry about between showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Reasonably good snowshower now in Dame St.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Heavy snow in finglas giving a light covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

A more substantial shower in Glasnevin now - sticking and sudden twilight - hope it lasts!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snow shower has stopped here, although in the last 15 mins it has gotten very dark and there are plenty of very dark clouds overhead.

If we get a good prolonged shower from now on it should stick - afterall the ground is dry here and the sun is on its way down!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Very light snow (Dublin 12) and dark clouds rolling in......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Say I got the worst of that shower (near Malahide) - bit of snow on the roofs, cars, grass etc....but yeah WC we need more then that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭CarList.ie

Snowing again in Milltown, dark clouds all around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

repr wrote: »
    Hi, here is latest radar for donegaL. Lots of showers packin in in the NW.

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snowshowersec2.png

Cheers, that looks more accurate! Totally different to Met Eireanns radar

Still nothing consistent around here, just showers but the stuff from this morning is still on the ground & still a few inches thick. Need a proper heavy storm to get it back to what it was like earlier

Here west of Arklow,it's coming down like a fog still.Thats an hours snow solid and heavy now.

-0.4c dp-1.5c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 roadsafety.ie

lucky me...I live up near the highest point in kildare. If there is snow, it useualy sticks here.
    Snowed last night and a bit through out the day. about 3 or 4 inches on the ground all day:)

Most kids around here have the day off or if they went in they were collected again, due to the fear of it getting worse.

Please excuse me while i go and slide my quad up and down the road and fields;)..

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

The clouds aren't getting darker, it's just night time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Longest shower in a while in d15, as others reporting.. decent sticking potential depending on longevity/heaviness. You can see it trying hard to stick on cars, rooves etc. :p

• Advertisement

j1979p wrote: »
    The clouds aren't getting darker, it's just night time :rolleyes:

No, they are certainly getting darker here - considering we have had barely any cloud covering all day.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement