Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The snow shields still have a strong grip in Dunshaughlin, showers going north, south, east and west of me, about 90 seconds of snow so far today, skies alot more threatening now so hopefully something decent will finally come and last longer than 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Heavyish snow here some big flakes there

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Sunny all day in North Cork :cool:

1 or 2 flakes blowing in the wind a while ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

dedon wrote: »
    why oh why oh why is the snow all in the East. Cant believe all that ye are getting . Haven't got a drop here all day

It started snowing in East Limerick county around 20 mins ago - although it has died down at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Francis on Sky News telling us that Wales and South Ireland will get a battering tonight. I dont believe him. I've seen nothin all day so Im getting my shorts and flip flops out.. Theres as much chance I'll need them as my snow boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Heavyish snow here some big flakes there
    You got any lying snow WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Looks like it's starting here again too - most consistent cloud cover all day and wind is picking up - yup, just as I type, it's starting.

DM you seem to be just a couple of minutes ahead of me in what you're seeing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Trotter wrote: »
    Francis on Sky News telling us that Wales and South Ireland will get a battering tonight. I dont believe him. I've seen nothin all day so Im getting my shorts and flip flops out.. Theres as much chance I'll need them as my snow boots.

Really?? Wow . Cant see it happening myself

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

heavy snow here in longford again

edit: and its sticking to the previous lying snow shower about an hour ago. looking good! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Trotter wrote: »

Met Eireann are forecasting snow for much of the country tonight.
    Snow showers in Leinster and Ulster will spread to many other parts of the country tonight. More persistent snow is likely to develop in eastern areas before morning. Fresh to strong, northerly winds generally, with penetrating frost in most places. Lowest temperatures 0 to -3 degrees Celsius.

And also tomorrow.

Don’t get too disappointed yet, I find SkyNews to be pretty reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Gonzo wrote: »
    The snow shields still have a strong grip in Dunshaughlin, showers going north, south, east and west of me, about 90 seconds of snow so far today, skies alot more threatening now so hopefully something decent will finally come and last longer than 2 minutes.

I really hope so!!

Coming down nicely in Blanchardstown now, looks like it's starting to stick.

I was going to do overtime tonight til about 8 but am wondering if the roads will be a bit dangerous by then??

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Isn't it going to turn to sleet and rain tomorrow?

Heavyish stopped now still clouds to east.

We need more heavy snow to keep this on the floor.

Sticking to Grass, roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Nice shower now in d15, and sticking. We should have seen the last of sunlight too, so hopefully this will be a good foundation for any more overnight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Alot of snow has fallen here in the last half hour - stuck to grass, rooves, soil, patios etc. It's still going and nearly has a grip on the roads. And just as it finishes here comes another shower:D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Finally snowing in Cork! Small flakes but powdery and sticking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

feeling a bit chilly? well its 15 degrees here in rome with a strong southerly wind:D pity im not in ireland at the moment, im always abroad when it snows:(:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Moderate snow in D15 now, actually sticking to grass and paths which I'm surprised at, thought they were much too wet from the earlier hail then sun.

Edit: Massive flakes here, and heavy. Wooohoooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

heavy snow here in longford again

edit: and its sticking to the previous lying snow shower about an hour ago. looking good! :D

please send some of it further west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

getting the train to dublin from maynooth at 7am in the morning any chance it will be cancelled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

PauloMN wrote: »
    Moderate snow in D15 now, actually sticking to grass and paths which I'm surprised at, thought they were much too wet from the earlier hail then sun.

Edit: Massive flakes here, and heavy. Wooohoooo!!!

Sticking on the road and patio too, usually the last places! My street is nice and white now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Ugh didly squat here although the snow line is teasing me a few km's inland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Heavyish snow shower here in Dublin Port, sticking to some of the roofs

Very heave snow yet again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

LookingFor wrote: »
    Sticking on the road and patio too, usually the last places! My street is nice and white now :D

Can't believe how quickly it's building up. Everywhere has a covering of white now. Decent flakes this time as well.

Not lasting long enough to stick properly but temporary stickages!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

trogdor wrote: »
    Ugh didly squat here although the snow line is teasing me a few km's inland
    Don't worry trogdor, those streamers seem to be moving south slowly, so if your north or south of one you'll have one one over you again for a while again.
    That is before the main event kicks off around 23:00 then all bets are off.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Watch those roads if anyone is heading to Carlow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

WC you see that streamer just to the north of you? - that's what im in. Fantastic snow. Bit of hail at times but in a way it's helping it to settle. And it is settling.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Shulgin wrote: »
    Sunny all day in North Cork :cool:

1 or 2 flakes blowing in the wind a while ago.
    Where are you?

Same in Kiskeam about 100 minutes ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement