Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

a great forecast just there from the beautiful Jean Byrne:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dink wrote: »
    Lol!! He looks like ET! :D

Your saying the things I was too polite too.here have a thanks lollers :P

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Flash of lightning over south dublin just now.
    We have a small covering of snow here

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cottz2006

swimgal08 wrote: »
    Was just out the front of my house there some serious snow
    1203445807_6004.jpg

ANY WORD ON ANY SCHOOLS BEING CLOSED ?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭CarList.ie

Some big lightning flashes over the Dublin mountains. About 8 seconds away from Milltown

• Advertisement

1203445807_6004.jpg

:pac:

1203445807_6004.jpg

You live near Annamoe ? :pac:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

Supercell wrote: »
    ETA is around 23:00 and will it snow- yes if you live here, if you live within a mile or two of the coast..maybe..

Is this the main batch that is expected to bring the prolonged snow and will it be the last for the night? how far inland is it expected to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Very loud thunder just now but only a few flakes falling at the mo here in Churchtown/Ballinteer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Took all the snow in Bray to make this monster !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Snowing again..kind of stopped for a while, but since the sun went down, more often than not it's been snowing here.

The forecast had no mention of rain/sleet tonight..but possibly for a time tomorrow. I hope there's no rain/sleet here tonight, would be an awful pity. Cos this is a GREAT foundation for the bigger precip due later tonight/tomorrow morning.
    thomasj wrote: »
    Is this the main batch that is expected to bring the prolonged snow and will it be the last for the night? how far inland is it expected to go?

As per the forecast just now, it's expect to extend well in land. She said the south-west may escape.

thomasj wrote: »

yes, and
    everywhere except for the extreme southwest and west will get it. it will last all night but will start to turn to rain and sleet in places tomorrow- especially near the east and southeast. however, in the north and on high ground it'll likely stay as snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Supercell wrote: »
    ETA is around 23:00 and will it snow- yes if you live here, if you live within a mile or two of the coast..maybe..

Cheers, live near the coast. Praying for a good fall of snow!

jenzz wrote: »
    Took all the snow in Bray to make this monster !

very nice photo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

one very happy dog!

[IMG][/img]DSCF1365.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I can see the front starting as snow. Unfortunately I don't see it staying as snow at sea level. Hope im wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭squonk

Snow lying on the grass and on the cars here in Skerries this evening. I'm pretty impressed because we're so close to the sea it usuallly doesn't happen for us. It's about 3 years since the last lieing snow out here and that was a short lived event one Friday morning! I'm slightly worried about the stats here at the moment though. Temp is at 2.4 with a dp of 0. An hour ago it was 1.3 and a dp of -1 when all the snow was happening. Hopefuly it'll fall back again after a bit. I'll try and get pics later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

snowing hard in wexford atm, south of new ross, and dont forget.DONT EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !!!!!!!:D;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

yes, and
    everywhere except for the extreme southwest and west will get it. it will last all night but will start to turn to rain and sleet in places tomorrow- especially near the east and southeast. however, in the north and on high ground it'll likely stay as snow.

cheers nacho libre!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Just saw some lightning. And took a pic outside in D12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

what about limerick, are we going to get any tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

71845.jpg

Can't see in the pic but its still coming down in Leixlip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snow now in Malahide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

tony1212 wrote: »
    what about limerick, are we going to get any tonight

I know Tony I hope we do. Its clear skies at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭squonk

Hail here now. I'm hoping for some of the nicer white stuff once the main event arrives!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Excellent thunder/snow - 2 flashes a couple of minutes apart about 20 minutes ago (while eating my dinner).

atgate wrote: »
    Just saw some lightning. And took a pic outside in D12

Thats a streetlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I love this thread, isn't it crazy how snow turns everyone into big children?? :D

There's a nice layer of snow on the ground in Dunshaughlin even though it was fairly wet. Just had some thunder there and snow's falling again lightly but steadily.

Left Blanchardstown at 5.30 and the N3 was absolutely lethal until the dual carriageway ended then suddenly there was no snow on the roads! Scary stuff though, all the cars were doing about 30mph and visibility was very bad. Is it still like that around D15 does anyone know? It all came down very suddenly there earlier, within about 45 mins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Those thunder bangs were seriously loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Any update on the prospects for tonight? Especially for wicklow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement