Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pangea wrote: »
    I see on the met eireann for ulster. snow turning to rain tomorrow, hmm dissapointing, of course the snow still has to come here in south donegal.

"Bitterly cold and frosty. Further scattered snow and hail showers. More widespread snow and sleet showers developing overnight, some very heavy or prolonged. Snow cover in most places by morning."

^Thats for tonight though which sounds very promising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Davo D wrote: »
    Is there something brewing in the Irish sea?

http://www.sat24.com/gb

Looks like it :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Its like waiting for an elemental version of Santa to arrive :D

I know its been asked a thousand times, but is the snow going to visit Limerick?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

DarkJager wrote: »

I know its been asked a thousand times, but is the snow going to visit Limerick?

Yes - you have a better chance then us coasties.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭imola94

Trotter wrote: »
    I can confirm that the snow I ordered for Waterford city has ARRIVED! :)

The mods here truly are excellent at delivering the kind of weather we'd like. Can I be the first to request a 3 month spell of 20+c blue skies from June onwards, with light showers at night to keep the reservoirs looking well.

Im hoping for a right pasting in Waterford tonight because the temp outside is -2 and the water from the day has frozen and anything thats falling now is sticking. I'm about 10km in from the coast.

:D

you are joking me, i only left there an hor ago after praying for a dumping all day...typical, probably be gone in the morning, let me know how its progressing pls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Make or Break time for the coast, u.k met office radar has the band about to move onshore..........please dont be feckin rain

QUOTE]

& were going on about Polish nutters !!! lol

How many households between us lot on this ? How many gawking out the window ?? Nut jobs the lot of us !!!! lol:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I'm wondering the same thing. i'm like a little child here checking all the weather sites :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Main event is close, very close the frontal; precip loomes massively

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Supercell wrote: »

Any of it set to move in-land far?;)

• Advertisement

Well it is snow over a good part of England and Wales still so we are in with a shout I suppose.

Inland it is nailed.

Heavy snow in Dun Laoghaire- Game Set and Match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

More precipitation radar here, interesting to follow the track of the cold front as it approaches.
    Dry as a bone in my neck of the woods but bitterly cold.

forkassed wrote: »

Thats still the showers id imagine - probrably not the main band yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Heavy hail bits falling now... graupel? Whatever that is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

I hope this main event pans out.......just checked google earth, I'm 230m above sea level and about 10 miles inland so hope its not going to be sleet!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

darkman2 wrote: »
    Well it is snow over a good part of England and Wales still so we are in with a shout I suppose.

Inland it is nailed.

Going to be touch and go! Some will be very dissapointed I fear. 0.6c here with DP -0.2c. Just o.k. :rolleyes: hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'm warmer now than during the day in sunshine.
    I may be rain initially at the coast.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Rolls of thunder here now in Donaghmede...I'm hoping it's the drumroll fr whats to come!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

:D Bring it on. The eastern half on the country is gonna get a truck load :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Snow very light but persistent in Terenure. It was much heavier earlier. Maybe this advancing cloud mass coming in from the Irish Sea will provide some heavier falls.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

So what way is it going to pan out, is it getting warmer, and rain more likely for ye guys on the east?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Make or Break time for the coast, u.k met office radar has the band about to move onshore..........please dont be feckin rain

In England the back end of it has turned to rain - dew points are above zero near the east coast. Looks like that will happen on the Irish east coast later in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭squonk

OH HELL YEAH!!!! Temp here just hit 1.9 and the DP has dropped to -1 now! Just in time! Bring on the Sneachta! I was just out for a look around. Tomottow morning will be ineteresting judging by the state of the raods out there now. If there's a freeze it will be lethal!

mickger wrote: »
    :D Bring it on. The eastern half on the country is gonna get a truck load :D

BRAY IS OFF ............. BANG ON CUE:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Is this band not arriving a bit early?

Nerve wracking!!

Stopped again...aargh:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 raz6

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Going to be touch and go! Some will be very dissapointed I fear. 0.6c here with DP -0.2c. Just o.k. :rolleyes: hopefully!

Where in D.16 if u don't mind me asking Docarch?? I'm in D.16 too and would like an accurate temp and dewpoint. Imagine it would be a tiny bit lower in the likes of ballinteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭imola94

can anyone in waterford give me an update please, i'm on the coast down near dungarvan so not expecting anything but headin back ino work in waterford in the morning and am just wondering whats happening down there at the mo, was freezing when i left earlier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

0 degrees outside and DP is -2.1

Cue sneachta!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement