Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I measured in the same place as earlier I can now report Tullow has 4" of lying snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

how the hell did belmullet have a recent snow shower? sometime i wonder about these radars...think it will probably be nearly morning as per meteireann/bbc before precipiation reaches down here in north cork.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

raz6 wrote: »
    Where in D.16 if u don't mind me asking Docarch?? I'm in D.16 too and would like an accurate temp and dewpoint. Imagine it would be a tiny bit lower in the likes of ballinteer.

Just opposite Marley Park. 0.7c now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Some small hail falling here now. Stopped now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

imola94 wrote: »
    can anyone in waterford give me an update please, i'm on the coast down near dungarvan so not expecting anything but headin back ino work in waterford in the morning and am just wondering whats happening down there at the mo, was freezing when i left earlier

Snowing heavily in Waterford City now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Precip seems to have finally stopped in D15. Though I guess we won't have to wait long to see what this band has in store for us. *crossing fingers extra hard*

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

More pics from Park West, not sure if I'll ever get home at this rate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭squonk

Ah bollix! My DP is up and down here like the undergarment of of a lady practicing a certain very old and established profession. Fluctuating between 0 and -1 so could be a marginal event here I'd guess, unless the precip can pull the temps and Dp down. That's what seems to be happening in those showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's come to a stop here in Dublin 6W. Clouds appear to be moving quite fast but no precipitation of any kind. Bummer :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Clonee/D15 area, sorry about poor pic, taken without flash through window. Still light hail/snow atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

PauloMN wrote: »
    Clonee/D15 area, sorry about poor pic, taken without flash through window. Still light hail/snow atm.

Nice, god im jealous! Go out and enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 pfk-0p

More pics from Park West, not sure if I'll ever get home at this rate!!

i suppose now would be the best time to try get home as things will only get worse with the persistent snow coming in

anyone have any idea what time the first of the heavy persistant snow will reach the east?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Never been so entertained by a weather thread. What's the chances of Sligo getting some of the white stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭squonk

Within the hour I'd say. It's almost here now really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

if its already turning to rain in england then some of it will defo be rain here. Maybe a few hours of sleet/snow before the rain? I reckon fast thaw tomorrow then anything that remains freezes over again 2moro evening. We finally got some snow here, but alot of it fell as hail, about an inch on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still snowing on and off here! Great thing about having a three year old nephew is that I have an excuse to play in the snow like a kid :D

INCOMING!!!!!!!
    s2.jpg
    :p

Theres a great color in the sky and its so bright out, man, I forgot what lying snow looked like! :) The garden at the mo'
    s1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Not so much as a flake in West Limerick yet :(:(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Oh bugger! :mad: 0.9c DP 0.0c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 pfk-0p

Gonzo wrote: »
    if its already turning to rain in england then some of it will defo be rain here. Maybe a few hours of sleet/snow before the rain? I reckon fast thaw tomorrow then anything that remains freezes over again 2moro evening. We finally got some snow here, but alot of it fell as hail, about an inch on the ground.

nah it won't because the way the LP is travelling it is pulling slightly warmer air into parts of england but it can't do that here because it's already cold and the cold air is travelling in the LP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Just started again in Merrion Square
    am off how now before (I hope) it really starts

BH

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

1.3/-0.3 at the WS i use for this locale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

1.3/-0.3 at the WS i use for this locale.

Very very marginal. Anything that settled here is almost gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Starting to snow again here in D15.

Dunno if this is the main band or not..hopeso if it means snow..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

Is snowing lightly on o connell bridge now

Rain reported at Valley (North Wales) at 1c/0c........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Man! Look at Mr Blobby gathering out in the Irish sea!! :D

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Still snowing on and off here! Great thing about having a three year old nephew is that I have an excuse to play in the snow like a kid :D
    lol i know , i love having the nephews around when its snowing ,my one excuse to make a snow man lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Naas is the place to be. Nice and thick covering and the snow is still belting down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Can I know show my complete ignorance of the most enjoyable thread I've come across in a long time, but how big could this event be? I arrived home from Dublin at 3.30 p.m. .Right now and I know its not scientific but the roof of my car is to a depth of 14 cm. I'm loving every second of it, just curious. Also it seems so random. Villian is about 6 miles away from me and I'm showing almost 2 inches of extra snow. Is this usual? Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement