Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

ok you guys seem pretty clever - whats the chances of you explaining like really really simply what all the colours & lines mean - they look cool

Lads that ecmwf that WC[mwf:D] posted is fracking fantastic !

The UKMO is fracking incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Finally, finally, in the internet age we have a classic unfolding, at least thats how it looks right now.
    If this comes off like the current charts look, people here will talk to their grandchildren of the winter of 2009 in hushed tones :D

WC am i over ramping now? :P

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Supercell wrote: »
    Finally, finally, in the internet age we have a classic unfolding, at least thats how it looks right now.
    If this comes off like the current charts look, people here will talk to their grandchildren of the winter of 2009 in hushed tones :D

Yes! We have some days to go before the second face Tuesday/Wednesday so i would urge caution with regard to this, still a chance of a watery mix.

However the charts this evening at this range are the best i have ever seen on the net:D

But lets be honest it'll go tits up somehow:D

:eek:

Best ECM ever. Unbelievable scenes.

Recm1441.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Lads if we don't get snow in Waterford I'm officially going to write down in my little black book that ye're not my friends.

There is a possibility that it will stay as snow up where you are if and when it turns to rain down here.
    One things for certain though...I doubt my jeep will be able to make it anywhere near croghan by tuesday night never mind onto the mountain road.That entire mountainside is only about 6 miles from the coast and will be crazy:D
    It's not going to stop me trying though:D:D

Yes! We have some days to go before the second face Tuesday/Wednesday so i would urge caution with regard to this, still a chance of a watery mix.

However the charts this evening at this range are the best i have ever seen on the net:D

But lets be honest it'll go tits up somehow:D

Next post....
    :eek:

Best ECM ever. Unbelievable scenes.

Lollers!!!! :D:D:pac::pac::p:p:p:p:eek::eek::D:D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

WC-even though it's FI [just] that ECM you just posted for thursday is outstanding-fracking outstanding!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Cornilius wrote: »
    I know the exact details havent been comfirmed yet but i was wondering in terms of coldness and snowfall what would this upcoming spell compare to for the east? Jan 96, Jan 97, Dec 00, Mar 05?

Christmas 1995 seems to be wiped of peoples memory :eek:, we got big snowfall in donegal here , started on christsmas eve 1995.

I really hope we get a big snowfall , still it sounds like the perfect letdown,
    What do you guys think of Donegals chances of getting snow?

• Advertisement

There is a possibility that it will stay as snow up where you are if and when it turns to rain down here.
    One things for certain though...I doubt my jeep will be able to make it anywhere near croghan by tuesday night never mind onto the mountain road.That entire mountainside is only about 6 miles from the coast and will be crazy:D
    It's not going to stop me trying though:D:D

Thats the spirit, you will need to bring essentials..like a camera and a thermos :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Lads will someone give me the gobshytes guide to those maps? At the moment I'm working off blue being cold = snow. Im pretty sure theres more to it.

Pangea wrote: »
    Christmas 1995 seems to be wiped of peoples memory :eek:, we got big snowfall in donegal here , started on christsmas eve 1995.

I really hope we get a big snowfall , still it sounds like the perfect letdown,
    What do you guys think of Donegals chances of getting snow?

Donegal has been spoiled this winter, that said i think most places will see snow next week...just us east coasters will see the most!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Can any of you weather experts(better than any on RTE)tell me if Clane Co Kildare is going to see any flake of the white stuff.Im just so excited at the thought of a good fall of snow,as is my granddaaughter age 4(am I sad!!!!?)but i love the magical feeling it has.

Donegal has been spoiled this winter, that said i think most places will see snow next week...just us east coasters will see the most!! :D
    lol yeah ,but south donegal hasnt got any snow, whereas up north it got loads,
    Its not often the east coast gets snow and Donegal doesnt. :eek:

rte weather forecast going to be on soon now :)

holly1 wrote: »
    Can any of you weather experts(better than any on RTE)tell me if Clane Co Kildare is going to see any flake of the white stuff.Im just so excited at the thought of a good fall of snow,as is my granddaaughter age 4(am I sad!!!!?)but i love the magical feeling it has.
    Should see loads there I think.

I would rather hear from Boards experts,anyone got an answer to my previous question,waiting in anticapation, thanks.

holly1 wrote: »
    I would rather hear from Boards experts,anyone got an answer to my previous question,waiting in anticapation, thanks.

Huh you just did?, thin ice holly1.

sleety rain!

Whats happened our Evelyn!!

She's nervous

What's she on? Seriously?

The temperatures are more than cold enough for snow!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Trotter wrote: »
    Lads will someone give me the gobshytes guide to those maps? At the moment I'm working off blue being cold = snow. Im pretty sure theres more to it.

me too - i need help with these lines ! im on the verge of wetting myself with excitement -

I reckon shes taking the wizz out of us :D:D She had a smug face there at the end:D

Lol @eveyln...

Sleety rain she said!

I reckon shes taking the wizz out of us :D:D She had a smug face there at the end:D
    what the hell was that forecast all about lol ,no indication of snow , she said there will be sleety rain in leinster :eek:, and the arrows for snow were directed to france lol

its ok we will trust you guys more ! so will i ring into work now ??:)

I laugh in the face of sleety (seaside) rain:p
    Moar sleety rain i say!!

Sky weather was much more hopeful,are RTE afraid to tell the truth or am I just hopeing Sky are right?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Any chance RTE are right lads? :confused: I'm really hoping they're wrong!

I think Evlyn always looks nervous(gulp)

• Advertisement

I laugh in the face of sleety (seaside) rain:p
    Moar sleety rain i say!!
    I blame dapperGent ;) he probably wrote her script knowing we all would be watching :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement