Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

DWCommuter wrote: »
    How long ago was that?

its still basically stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Light snow now again in d15..

Not sure if it's pure snow or not..but definitely not hail or graupel in there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭hawkwing

just started again in castleknock,it is snow but wouldn't put money on it not turning sleety later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭squonk

Ah FFS my DP is now up to 1c here. I'll be lucky to hold onto the white stuff on the ground already at this rate!

DWCommuter wrote: »
    How long ago was that?

Left Naas at six. Arrived in Blackrock at 7:45. In the thick of the snowfall. It was fine after the Tallaght exit..

Edit: That journey is usually 50 mins less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Snow is coming to cork, Snow is coming to Cork WOOHOO! Sorry i'm ever so slightly excited at the prospect of a winter wonderland when i wake up in the morning - i'd better not be disappointed!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Starting to snow here now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭CarList.ie

Some light snow has just begun falling in Milltown

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Can't believe this could be over before it ever really got started! Oh where oh where did it all go wrong I ask?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looks like a miserable bitter wet sleety windy night for east coasts.

How far from the coast would be a safe bet for more snow tonight do you reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Pangea wrote: »
    wow really 14cm in dublin? nice :eek:

Not Dublin. Ballon Co.Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Here it comes. The big storm is here :eek: Hope it hits us like it did england:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Any patches of snow disappearing now.

Precip still wintry mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Issued at 02 February 2009 - 20:26
    Severe Weather Update

Further heavy snowfalls at times this evening and overnight in Leinster and Ulster with blizzard conditions in places and further falls of 10 centimetres or more.
    Heavy snow showers expected later tonight in Connaught and Munster also, falls of 3 to 8 centimetres expected.
    Widespread frost and icy conditions in many areas tomorrow morning also

The snow here in d15 looks very fine-grained, powdery at the minute.

Is there any way to say for sure if this is main-band stuff, or..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

New warning from Meteireann
    "Issued at 02 February 2009 - 20:26
    Severe Weather Update
    Further heavy snowfalls at times this evening and overnight in Leinster and Ulster with blizzard conditions in places and further falls of 10 centimetres or more.
    Heavy snow showers expected later tonight in Connaught and Munster also, falls of 3 to 8 centimetres expected.
    Widespread frost and icy conditions in many areas tomorrow morning also."

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Snow completly bypassed Athboy, Trim made it onto 6-1 news cos of the snow. Cars were passing through Athboy with 4 inches of snow on the roofs and bonnets while the street was bone dry:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    Snow is coming to cork, Snow is coming to Cork WOOHOO! Sorry i'm ever so slightly excited at the prospect of a winter wonderland when i wake up in the morning - i'd better not be disappointed!:D

i'll believe it when i see it...have a bad feeling about it reaching us!

Met probably updated that because theyre is 10cm+ lying already in places.

Beginning to snow/graupel heavier here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Its bitterly cold here in Limerick, but I can't really see it being cold enough for snow :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Im about 70 miles inland from the east, so do I stand a good chance for snow when the precip arrives here?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Don't think Dundalk will get any at all. We had a few fleeting moments of sleety snow earlier this afternoon. Just a light sprinkle that's all I want. It's just cold and gusty here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Stopped snowing again. It needs to last for hours for it to land properly. Hope the main band comes by 10.

Can see this giving something inland alright.

Passes in heavy sheets of graupel/snow and then breaks for a few mins. So for here = wet mess. Inland could = Snow accumulating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

i'll believe it when i see it...have a bad feeling about it reaching us!

COME ON MUNSTERLEGEND HAVE FAITH!! From watching Sky News - the heaviest showers for munster look like they're gonna happen between 6am and 12pm - i always find they are fairly accurate. I'm telling you I will be having a serious rant on this thread tomorrow if it doesnt happen!:D

Some more pics just in case the snow goes bye-bye :|

sp93k3.jpg

2z7k4qp.jpg

It's literally like someone's tapping icing sugar down right now though..very light fine powdery stuff.

Dunno why this isn't lying with your Weathercheck..i'm in d15, closer to the coast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

No graupel here - just snow atm supprisingly. Edit yeah actually there is graupel. Certainly will be fully snow inland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Snoddy wrote: »
    Don't think Dundalk will get any at all. We had a few fleeting moments of sleety snow earlier this afternoon. Just a light sprinkle that's all I want. It's just cold and gusty here. :(
    looking that way, it was starting to snow a few minutes ago and now nothing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Can see this giving something inland alright.

Passes in heavy sheets of graupel/snow and then breaks for a few mins. So for here = wet mess. Inland could = Snow accumulating.
    Thats fantastic news weathercheck, I hope your right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yep darkman coming down heavy on the malahide road at clare hall flying into my face at one stage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement