Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

CAN ANY WEATHER BOFFIN GIVE ME A CONCISE ANSWER AS TO WHY NO SNOW WILL REACH WEST CONNAUGHT OR WEST MUNSTER TONIGHT AND ANY PRECIPITATION TOMMOROW WILL FALL AS RAIN IN THOSE AREAS,

ITS BEMUSING TO SEE WESTERN EUROPE EXPERINCE THIS SNOW EVENT BUT SUMHOW IT FAILS TO MAKE IT TO THE PLACE MENTIONED AS SAID BY JEAN BYRNE ON RTE NINE NEWS THIS EVENING,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

seems to be raining here with a few small bits of snow at the mo.......:confused:

Definetly no accumulations :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Waiting patiently for weather forecast on RTE! Come on Jean give us the good news!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    So EXPERTS of weather boards, what are we expecting tonight???

blizzard conditions in the west and north west of ireland with 2 metre snow drifts highly likely by tomorrow morning:pac:

or perhaps 8 centimetres of lying snow in places by tomorrow morning.

you decide which is more likely:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I can't measure it exactly, cos it's a bit down from the window, but there's at least 6-7cm on the flat roof outside my window now.

I don't understand how it can be snowing here, yet raining further inland?

• Advertisement

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Good news from Naas! Its snowing again and yes they are actual snowflakes.

I'm seriously considering not making the journey to Naas in the morning.

If I have to go through that disaster of a Naas road again! Is the snow still building on the roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

LookingFor wrote: »
    How the fack can it be snowing here and raining with you? :confused:

How? One does not know but i don't wanna watch this thread too much more! Tis painful!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I can't measure it exactly, cos it's a bit down from the window, but there's at least 6-7cm on the flat roof outside my window now.

I don't understand how it can be snowing here, yet raining further inland?

Where are you again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Mixture of snow / rain at Dublin airport.....

I think I'm over the snow after the traffic in Dublin today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

leahyl wrote: »
    Waiting patiently for weather forecast on RTE! Come on Jean give us the good news!:D

high five leahy !!!

• Advertisement

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Where are you again?

D15, south blanchardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

DP has just gone above 0 :(

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    high five leahy !!!

WOOHOO!! Jean Byrne is my favourite person right now! :D Looks like more snow on Thursday (?). Also she just said that the only place that look like they might escape it are the far west of munster and west connaught - so i'm guessing west Kerry and west Mayo/Galway?

Neone wnt to shed some light?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

D15, south blanchardstown.

Pretty ideal location I would have thought.

So what did the weather forecast say anyone? Should I give up now, or hang on to the dream... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

very frustrating here, snowing lightly but not heavy enough to stick. still a small bit of snow left on grass but is slowly melting.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

shamwari wrote: »
    seems to be raining here with a few small bits of snow at the mo.......:confused:

Definetly no accumulations :o

+ 1

I want a snow day off work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

constant very light snow for past half hour, sticking on road that was slushy 45 min ago
    D16 Woodstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

ronoc wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering not making the journey to Naas in the morning.

If I have to go through that disaster of a Naas road again! Is the snow still building on the roads?

With hardly any traffic around Naas, the snow is still building on the roads. Havent seen the N7, but the road into Naas is covered.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

extremely light snow here, its almost mist-snow, doesnt look like this band of rain/sleet/snow is gonna give alot of precipitation, It doesnt look very heavy on that radar.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mech1 wrote: »
    constant very light snow for past half hour, sticking on road that was slushy 45 min ago
    D16 Woodstown

+1 graupel/sleet/snow giving light covering again.

• Advertisement

My dad was just out - he said it's bitter outside - it's looking good guys it's looking good!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Right i've given up. Pretty much rain falling along the coast of Dublin. No more looking out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jonny_b

still waitin for it in carlow town(Graiguecullen)... Tullow and Ballon have it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Getting heavier snow now
    D16

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Pretty ideal location I would have thought.

So what did the weather forecast say anyone? Should I give up now, or hang on to the dream... :pac:

We shall see! Still snow for now..but still not what I'd call heavy..very fine, powdery, 'misty' as said by another.

I only caught the second half of the forecast..much the same as the 6 forecast, but more mention of precip turning increasingly to snow over thurs/fri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭EastWallGirl

Well nothing much going on here but all the flights in and out this evening from Dublin are cancelled.

Is that a precaution or are they aexpecting something major?

Loving the pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭squonk

This has turned into a right pain in the butt for me. Temp remaining in the 1.4-1.6 region and a DP stubbornly stuck at 1c with the very occasional dip to 0c. Even the slush from earlier is going now. What a disaster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

no a farking flin rush!!!!

i am going to stop looking out the window too and just see what the morning brings!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

The UK metoffice has a radar that shows more of whats coming
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html
    If you extrapolate you can setimate where the heavier stuff will go.
    Im seeing the big yellow blob over the irish sea will curve towards sligo. Good extrapolation or wishful thinking, time will tell.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

not only is it raining here but where has the precip gone?

Its disappeared and headed up to NI and another batch headed into the south maybe later.

Talk about tits up scenario.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement