Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Ausdubliner

Just heard my work is closed for the day tomorrow!! Cycling through the Phoenix Park about an hour ago and there is a good bit of snow built up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

jonny_b wrote: »
    still waitin for it in carlow town(Graiguecullen)... Tullow and Ballon have it at the moment

You are joking! How random is that? I'm 13 miles out of Carlow town in Ballon and its like the big snow of 1982(I know showing my age)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 northtipp

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#teg=temp
    here is a link some people might find intresting
    shows temp and snow /rain fall untill saturday just use the slide bar at the bottom you will see why its rain on wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anbody in East Cork or Waterford area that can report anything - i'm trying to figure out the prospects for Cork City:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

blizzard conditions in the west and north west of ireland with 2 metre snow drifts highly likely by tomorrow morning:pac:

or perhaps 8 centimetres of lying snow in places by tomorrow morning.

you decide which is more likely:p
    lol where did 2 metres come out of lol

Well in drumkeen which is half way from ballybofey to lk ,there was a foot of snow 2 weeks ago today, so im guessin there will be more than that during the next few days.
    Things really looking good for the north west now .:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Did a more accurate measure of snow accumulation - tis actually ~5.7cm. Not the 6-7 I eyeballed earlier on the flat roof :p

Just hope it doesn't go to pot before morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Rain, Sleet and Snow here - more rain and sleet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

not only is it raining here but where has the precip gone?

Its disappeared and headed up to NI and another batch headed into the south maybe later.

Talk about tits up scenario.

"tits up scenario"
    Thats putting it lightly
    Why does every single snow event disapoint
    I want answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

just went out to the car there, wiped some off the roof to see the depth, easily 3 or 4 inches.lovely to look at, dont want to even think about driving though.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jonny_b

leincar wrote: »
    You are joking! How random is that? I'm 13 miles out of Carlow town in Ballon and its like the big snow of 1982(I know showing my age)
    Im just behind dunnes stores. there has been loads of snow all day, about 10cm outside at the moment but not snowing...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

slight thaw on here now, the snow/hail grains on the road is melting slightly, the tiny grains of snow that are falling are just not having any impact. We need heavier snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Left the office at 5:15pm when the snowfall was at its heaviest. Took 90 minutes to get home to Leixlip and join in a snowball fight with all the neighbours. My 5 year old son has never seen snow before so I was delighted that we were able to make a snowman together! We then came in and watched a recording of the Snowman together before he skipped off to bed very happy with himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

The view from my window 10 mins ago in Naas.

NaasSnow 21.35 2.JPG

Its all systems go here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Temp has risen to +1c from -0.5c and dp of +0.5c and precip is rain in Clondalkin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The evening is still young, lads and lassies. Things seem to be changing so much hour by hour, who knows what it'll be like later in the evening (in terms of what precip hits where).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

leincar wrote: »

todays snow event was very random, alot of areas got an inch or less but some select areas got up to 6 inchs if they were lucky enough to get showers earlier today. I was lucky to finally get a shower just before this main band arrived, had nothing all day till this evening and now this snow belt is turning out to be another dissapointment, its too light to be worthwhile so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

No sign of snow here at the moment, there were clear skies up until around 20mins ago but now there are low fast moving clouds going by.

There is some freeze occuring at the moment! If it does snow there is a perfect base awaiting.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Probably one of the best forecast i have ever seen , the rte 9pm forecast.

madds wrote: »
    Left the office at 5:15pm when the snowfall was at its heaviest. Took 90 minutes to get home to Leixlip and join in a snowball fight with all the neighbours. My 5 year old son has never seen snow before so I was delighted that we were able to make a snowman together! We then came in and watched a recording of the Snowman together before he skipped off to bed very happy with himself.

aaawwww:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

what happened to the 11pm ETA for the big batch? not still on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Just heard my work is closed for the day tomorrow!! Cycling through the Phoenix Park about an hour ago and there is a good bit of snow built up.

:mad: You're so lucky! Where do you work?

Pangea wrote: »

+1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

jonny_b wrote: »
    still waitin for it in carlow town(Graiguecullen)... Tullow and Ballon have it at the moment

If you're in Graigue now have you looked out the door recently? ie in the past 12 hours or so? :P

I'm in Graigue, took a few measures just now, seems to be almost 4" or so of the white stuff about! ;)

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

not only is it raining here but where has the precip gone?

Its disappeared and headed up to NI and another batch headed into the south maybe later.

Talk about tits up scenario.
    I have been traveling for the last 3 hrs 20 mins from Sandyford and it's snowed for at least 2 hours and 40 mins , I am only at kingswood on n7 now and have to get home to newbridge still

If you're in Graigue now have you looked out the door recently? ie in the past 12 hours or so? :P

I'm in Graigue, took a few measures just now, seems to be 4" or so of the white stuff about! ;)

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

Well now aren't you the precise one!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Pangea wrote: »

why what did they say

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Sometimes they're just not worth it :rolleyes:

DSC01447.jpg

Saw the above in a thread on BMW-Driver.net
    Picture taken in Parkwest.

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Ausdubliner

jaffa20 wrote: »
    :mad: You're so lucky! Where do you work?

at a school on the northside...always nice to get a day off for the white stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭baldieman

:D:D I've never seen so many hits and posts, yer like a bunch (very large bunch) of kids waiting for santy :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    Anbody in East Cork or Waterford area that can report anything - i'm trying to figure out the prospects for Cork City:D

not as optimisitic as previously?! looks like its going wrong on the east coast..hope its not a sign! jean byrne was positive and talked a good game. reckon it coulld be 6/7 am before anything down here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement