Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

teh snow here is still fallin to lightly for my liking, its still thawing slight in places like the road etc, unless we get proper snow 2nite I dont think it will go any deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Thankfully my temp and DP are holding firm, thus far........ -0.1c and a DP of -1c.

Seems to be a bit more of a N-NE'ly breeze out there.

All gone quiet for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

"I Concure !" - Rain in Dublin 2 Pearse Street for the last hour , but that's livin in the City Centre for ya. :cool: ..only 15mins walk to work ,,enjoy the commute in the morning folks (some maybe still trying to get home).

Flying to London on Thursday morning hope the back log is cleared by then !

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Timistry

The snow in Yorkshire turned to rain for a while and a thaw started then the band of precip was modified by orographic lift so now the snow is failing thick and fast again. Anything can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Hallelujah! Ta se ag cur sneachta anseo anois idir Ceannais and an Uaimh i gContae an Mhi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

About 4 inches of snow in wexford at the moment.

Still snowing nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Timistry wrote: »
    The snow in Yorkshire turned to rain for a while and a thaw started then the band of precip was modified by orographic lift so now the snow is failing thick and fast again. Anything can happen

I like your way of thinking Timistry!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The lateset 10:00 PM Met Eireann rainfall radar capture seems to suggest precipitation is moving inland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

malman wrote: »
    Hallelujah! Ta se ag cur sneachta anseo anois idir Ceannais and an Uaimh i gContae an Mhi.
    Maith an fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

baldieman wrote: »
    :D:D I've never seen so many hits and posts, yer like a bunch (very large bunch) of kids waiting for santy :D:D

classic.

it's funny because it's true:pac:

• Advertisement

The lateset 10:00 PM Met Eireann rainfall radar capture seems to suggest precipitation is moving inland.

What does this mean exactly? Sorry not really up on the aul met talk:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Metffice radar shows NI getting all the heavier snow....why??????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Flakes of snow falling here in Waterford, thankfullly nice flakes and not spits of wet snow. Hopefully temp and dp stays below zero for that mass of precip on the radar thats on the way overnight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

We had very heavy snow from about 6-7pm but it has been constant light falls since. Just checked outside & the big flakes are back with a bang.

Accumulations of 4" (100mm) around 6pm, haven't measured since but looks at least 50% deeper. If this big front hits we're looking at 1982 levels. Pity it'll all be rained off tomorrow. Or will it :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

You might like to write in Russian next. English translation please?

Flakes of snow falling here in Waterford, thankfullly nice flakes and not spits of wet snow. Hopefully temp and dp stays below zero for that mass of precip on the radar thats on the way overnight!

WOOHOO! Come on snow come to Cork - we're waiting!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

leahyl wrote: »
    What does this mean exactly? Sorry not really up on the aul met talk:D

The radar is showing the snow/sleet/rain moving inland off the Irish Sea.

What started off with so much promise here has melted away....literally :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

i'm sorry but WHAT:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

shamwari wrote: »
    Maith an fear!

Sharon Ní Bheolain

No snow here :( But the snow from a few hours ago is still stuck to the ground/cars/houses. So if it snows anymore it might mean no school tomorrow :)

If said event happens, I will decree the event "Snowpocalyse 09"

All in favour of Snowpocalypse 09?

• Advertisement

Rough translation: Yippee! It's snowing here between Navan and Kells in Co Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

It is snowing now in between Kells and Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Really hope so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

SILENCE!

We of the west coast are taking over this thread. We are tired of all the snow bragging and laughter.

YOU! YES YOU, I said GET ON THE FLOOR.

Anyone else want to giggle?, laugh? throw snow in the air?

eh? EH?

*waves wooly mittens threateningly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

still no snow in limerick :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

MUSEIST wrote: »
    i'm sorry but WHAT:confused:

Hallalejua - its currently snowing now in Co. Meath :D

Oh my god the excitement is just TOO much! I think i'm going to spontaneously combust in a second!:D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh my god the excitement is just TOO much! I think i'm going to spontaneously combust in a second!:D

Why, whats up? :pac:

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Why, whats up? :pac:

LMAO!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

where in meath are you and is it heavy? the snowfall from this band of precipitation has almost been non existant so far its that light. And to think this is the band that caused all that transport chaos in London this morning, its certainly weakened with its travells across the Irish sea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement