Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

mickger wrote: »
    Really hope so:)

Keep in mind,this is not very reliable and is just based on forecast models,but Accuweather has this for Waterford :

"WeatherAlarm™! Snow Total:14 cm Occurring: Feb 2 | Feb 3 "

:pac: If only...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Why, whats up? :pac:

yeah did I miss something too ?????????:)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Timistry

tony1212 wrote: »
    still no snow in limerick :(

On Thursday, the wests time will come. The snowers just cant possibly make it all the way across. Sorry to burst your bubble lad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    Don't do that.

Looks like it's been raining here in Malahide. :(

Can you hear thunder by any chance? Or am I hearing things?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

jenzz wrote: »
    Hallalejua - its currently snowing now in Co. Meath :D

Yes and when I reported first it was very podwery but sticking nonetheless. Its turning more flakey now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

Hey Guys

What are the roads like around Navan and dunshauglin are they bad at the moment? They were very bad in places this morning.

Just wondering should i put some more beer in the fridge and stay in bed in the morning.

Have to travel at 4.30am so any info would be great.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Keep in mind,this is not very reliable and is just based on forecast models,but Accuweather has this for Waterford :

"WeatherAlarm™! Snow Total:14 cm Occurring: Feb 2 | Feb 3 "

:pac: If only...

oh my GOD 14CM! What does it say for Cork?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Still snowing here - very fine little flakes that aren't having much of an impact!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Well, Ardee must have some sort of invisible forcefield over it, there are tiny, tiny bits of snow falling, but when I say tiny, I mean I can only barely see them in the light cast by the lamp post outside my house.

This is about the most significant snow we've had since this cold snap began. Sux so bad :(

Conor108 wrote: »
    Can you hear thunder by any chance? Or am I hearing things?

jean byrne mentioned thunder on the forecast while ago so you could well hav heard it - snow and thunder - strange...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

embee wrote: »
    Well, Ardee must have some sort of invisible forcefield over it, there are tiny, tiny bits of snow falling, but when I say tiny, I mean I can only barely see them in the light cast by the lamp post outside my house.

This is about the most significant snow we've had since this cold snap began. Sux so bad :(

We were getting that in Limerick this morning. Car Dandruff basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Jumpy wrote: »
    SILENCE!

We of the west coast are taking over this thread. We are tired of all the snow bragging and laughter.

YOU! YES YOU, I said GET ON THE FLOOR.

Anyone else want to giggle?, laugh? throw snow in the air?

eh? EH?

*waves wooly mittens threateningly*

Heres a snowball for you courtesy of my 3 year old nephew!! :D

Take that ye snow starved Westies!! :pac::pac:

s2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

malman wrote: »
    Yes and when I reported first it was very podwery but sticking nonetheless. Its turning more flakey now though.

Sorry hun was just translating the Irish version - Havent a breeze on Meath - Bray - rain / snow ( 1 or 2 flake things ) / rain/rain

How come its raining when its so cold out ? anyone any idea of temp out there ?

s2.jpg

Ah now that's uncalled for!:D He's so cute though!

leahyl wrote: »
    jean byrne mentioned thunder on the forecast while ago so you could well hav heard it - snow and thunder - strange...

Thunder snow! Thats exactly the kind of snow you want! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

s2.jpg
    MISSED!! Ha Ha!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

oh my GOD 14CM! What does it say for Cork?!

4.6cm

Ya can't take it too seriously though but I'd be surprised if ya didn't at least see a dusting like we got this morning.

Really?! Ok then - please let there be thunder snow in cork;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Snowfall in Meath has been very isolated today. RTE reported from Trim where they got a lot of snow. There was big problems in Slane as well - trucks and lorries could not make it up the hill. I however got no snow whatsoever up until 45 min ago. I'm located between Navan and Kells. Still quite light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Latest from Naas.

Still light snow falling onto a very well covered surface. But from all this negativity Im sensing that tomorrow could well be a literal wash out.:D

• Advertisement

4.6cm

Ya can't take it too seriously though but I'd be surprised if ya didn't at least see a dusting like we got this morning.

ok i'm gonna take that with a pinch of salt - i mean theres a stark difference there between two counties right next to each other! I dont want a dusting though - i wnt PROPER snow!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dubs_Fan

Snowin here in Ashbourne, Meath for the last hour and a half. Just heard a rattle of thunder as well.

Dubs_Fan wrote: »
    Snowin here in Ashbourne, Meath for the last hour and a half. Just heard a rattle of thunder as well.

woohoo THUNDER SNOW!:D

We had thunder snow here this evening around 530pm maybe 5 or 6 flashes.

Update from west of Arklow-roughly a good 4 inches of lovely powder snow and it's still snowing in bursts though the dewpoint is now above zero at +0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Bloody north stole the heavy precip for some crazy reason.

I give up.

When is the snow gonna arrive in Cork - i'm looking longingly out the window here....:(

Really?! Ok then - please let there be thunder snow in cork;)!

I've experienced thunder snow only once (Jan or Feb 95)

uponthehill.jpg

Picture doesnt capture it well, but thats me up the hill! :p Can barely see the trees in the background. Heaviest snowfall I've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭squonk

I'll leave ye to it! Total crap here. Sleety rain. What's more the precip on it's way over th next few hours doesn't look like there's a lot showing up for here either so I think I'll call it a night. I really hope I'm wrong and wake up to a whiteout in the morning but I'd doubt it now.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Interesting longer range thoughts on NW... Good potential for the 2nd half of Feb (for more let downs! :D )

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=beta1;sess=

• Advertisement

I've experienced thunder snow only once (Jan or Feb 95)

uponthehill.jpg

Picture doesnt capture it well, but thats me up the hill! :p Can barely see the trees in the background. Heaviest snowfall I've ever seen!

Wow that is amazing! I can only DREAM of snow like that down here i'd say!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement