Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I've experienced thunder snow only once (Jan or Feb 95)

uponthehill.jpg

Picture doesnt capture it well, but thats me up the hill! :p Can barely see the trees in the background. Heaviest snowfall I've ever seen!

Were you about to jump?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

leahyl wrote: »
    ok i'm gonna take that with a pinch of salt - i mean theres a stark difference there between two counties right next to each other! I dont want a dusting though - i wnt PROPER snow!!!:D

Well then have these two big snowballs that we fecked all over the place at 6pm this evening!:D

naas.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

yeah we had some thunder around half 5 just one or tow claps and then about half 8 saw some lightning:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Were you about to jump?!

No he was about to fly! Cue 'Snowman' music!:D

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Well then have these two big snowballs that we fecked all over the place at 6pm this evening!:D

naas.JPG

Just you wait i'll have something to report on tomorrow i tell you! LOL!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Were you about to jump?!

Well I was gonna say into the abyss, but I like the 'Snowman' answer better!

I was about to go flying, 'I'm walking in the air, I'm flying through the carlow skyyyyyyyy, the scallion 'aters down below greet me as I flyyyyy.....'

:D

Aha, :D more like it alright... or give himself up to the Snow God.

Anyways, fck this for a game of soldiers. More important things in life to be thinking about... I'm off to Amazon to buy a cd :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

When is the snow gonna arrive in Cork - i'm looking longingly out the window here....:(

Might be a few hours yet before it reaches you, see it here on the radar : http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/latest_radar.gif

Anyways, fck this for a game of soldiers. More important things in life to be thinking about... I'm off to Amazon to buy a cd :mad:

i know i have to go or i will actually stay on this thing all night - oh i'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning!! I'll be on this tomorrow to see how the rest of ye fared!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 garimac

Sky weather shows snow hitting Cork around 6AM tomorrow morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

i know i have to go or i will actually stay on this thing all night - oh i'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning!! I'll be on this tomorrow to see how the rest of ye fared!:D

Keep the faith! ;)

garimac wrote: »
    Sky weather shows snow hitting Cork around 6AM tomorrow morning

ya saw that too garimac - they usually pretty accurate so i'm sticking with them! Night everyone!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Might be a few hours yet before it reaches you, see it here on the radar : http://www.met.ie/weathermaps/latest_radar.gif[/quote]

Its looking even more better for you leahyl but it looks like you'll have to wait a while:rolleyes:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Keep the faith! ;)

Hmmm, wish I could but with rain outside... :(

Oh tis fierce cold I tell ya, fierce cold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

That's Cobh CO.CORK right??!! LOL - OH MY GOD SOOOO EXCITED!

that photo def aint cobh today, am in cobh and waiting patiently..... fingers and toes crossed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Light snow again here in Kilkenny. Road outside is frozen over. Don't fancy my 70 mile round trip to work tomorrow :eek:

More radar here: http://www.sat24.com/gb
    Updated every 15 minutes.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snow for 2nd part of feb?
    Im going to spain on the 18th for 7 days ,I hope i dont miss out on any snow here !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Very cold down here in north Galway, with a breeze that would cut ya!

Not expecting too much over here tonight, maybe a slight dusting, that heavier precip moving into Belfast around now seems to be heading this way (NE wind direction) but should be worn out by the time it gets here.

As a few previous posters have said, this spell is going to last until Sunday and as the wind shifts to the north (probably on Thursday), we are going to get a lot more snow coming straight down on top of us (north and west mainly, possibly for some eastern areas and just maybe further south).

So no matter what happens tonight, there's a lot more fun to come. Thank you very much Mr. Stratospheric Warming! ;)

I'm not looking forward to my daily 40-mile commute when something does arrive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Snow picking up pace in Ardee, Co Louth but I have absolutely no faith in it at all, lol.

Feels very cold but I dunno if its gonna stick.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

just started snowing here again in longford.

maybe that'll give you an indication how fast moving the precip is moving across the country

• Advertisement

heavy hailstones now.

dp is 0 c - is this the start of the turn? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gowayyalanger

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

still snowing here, not as heavy as it was tho......:(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still sleety snow here but not adding to anything - more melting than anything else. 0.7c DP 0.1c :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Headin off to sleep in a sec but the DP here in Waterford is reading -1.8 and a temp of 0.3

Theres a slight bit of dry snow blowing in the wind.

It seems set up ok for later on doesnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Had a pretty decent fall in Blanchardstown today, between 4-5 inches by my reckoning.

Looking outside now it's very light snow, but looking at the ground, there are pock marks from water droplets hitting the snow, possible sign of sleet on the way. Hopefully things hold out over night, want to roam Maynooth Grounds in the morning with my Camera.

jay28 wrote: »
    still snowing here, not as heavy as it was tho......:(
    yeah we were up at phelans of the gap earlier [some drive up even with snow tyres on the jeep] good drifting and we had the snowboards and taboggans out on the big hill up there...before retiring to phelans for a few I might add :D

Snowing here again now big flakes-wettish snow but snow none the less with some hail mixed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Trotter wrote: »
    Headin off to sleep in a sec but the DP here in Waterford is reading -1.8 and a temp of 0.3

Theres a slight bit of dry snow blowing in the wind.

It seems set up ok for later on doesnt it?

i hope so too for cork...hard to judge what will happen though bbc/sky reckon snow around 5/6 onwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Embee whats the roads like around Ardee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

When was the last time you saw....

nat00_weather.png?2307
    nat01_weather.png?2307

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement