Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sleet here now, temperature rising, MASSIVE amount of snow outside, probably 15-20cm +

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Snow in cork. not sure how long it will last but looks good anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

what part of cork u in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

heavy snow in waterford but not sticking to the wet roads

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Moderate rain here falling on top of the snow............ughhhhh. 2.1c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bermenstein

We dont get a proper summer, we dont get a proper winter..
    We just get MISERABLE........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Heavy snow falling again in Ballon. Very little new stuff during the night but its been tipping it down for the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭jaffa20

We dont get a proper summer, we dont get a proper winter..
    We just get MISERABLE........

Except that it's Spring :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Snow is falling between Ballincollig and Macroom in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's pretty much all gone in Dublin. We got jipped again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

sleet here now too, 15cm of snow but very slowly melting in places, Met Eireann have now gone for rain and sleet more so than snow, that warm sector was just too warm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

A light covering of snow here in Kerry near Castlemaine, but pretty poor considering I live on a mountain !

Murph

What is the current condition of the Naas road outbound to Naas?

I'm debating weather to chance it, my da was stuck for 4 hours on it last night..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

raining heavily in trim :(
    how the hell can they get the weather so wrong,schools are all closed around here because of the forecast of heavy snow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Its not an exact science, and if they hadn't forecast snow and it did snow people would be even more annoyed, they have downgraded their forecast for today already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

it finally snowed near kells last night, very light covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

mukki wrote: »
    it finally snowed near kells last night, very light covering.

It snowed around 9pm last night in Kells

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

talk about ultimate dissapointment!!!!!

I am not even going to check weather forecast because i can guess is cold and rain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

ronoc wrote: »
    What is the current condition of the Naas road outbound to Naas?

I'm debating weather to chance it, my da was stuck for 4 hours on it last night..

It's fine at the moment, I just drove the stretch from the redcow to citywest
    and there was no sign of any tailbacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Had to dig my way out from the front door to the car this morning. Yeah right :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

One of the most disappointing events in weather watching. Ah well, just another 20 years to wait for the chance again *looks at watch*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

We have a good covering in Newbridge but I fear the thaw is on the way ,0.8 and DP 0f 0.0,

Was expecting big things this morning !

Its all over now i presume ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snowing here at the moment, and a decent covering already is in place!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

A light covering in Co Limerick last night. Fierce disappointed!!!! Expected more :( Had to come into work :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still a good 2 inches of snow on the grass here - rain has stopped but on the roads and pavements rain and melt is stuck under the slush...very slippy.

The Eagle on the radio this morning said to expect more (rain:() sleet and snow possibly anywhere during the week as fronts move down from the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Snow, slush, rain and a cutting breeze here in Lucan. I don't even bother going into college if its just raining, no moving today.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Well in Swords, Dublin we had few nice showers of snow early evening yesterday, leading to a temporary covering a few mm thick. It was nice while it lasted. Despite some light snow last night it started thawing and I awoke this morning to wet miserable conditions, instead of the winter wonderland I was hoping for. :rolleyes:

I don't want to start a new thread, since many still have snow. However looking forwards for those of us not out building snowmen this morning...

The folks over at NW think we are in for an interesting February. So what can we expect in the coming weeks? Any repeats of the recent snow? Could we get something better?

(and finally Will Dublin *ever* see an 80's style snow event within our lifetimes? :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Whattheheck

In Letterkenny the snow is all gone.
    Temp must have risen fairly quick during the night:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

4-5 inches in places in wexford

All schools closed for the day! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

About three inches and still snowing
    Wont go to school even if it is open :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement