Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Loadsa Snow in North Cork this morning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Dont even know why im checking this thread any more ,habit i guess lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Loads of snow here in north Kilkenny. The last time we had this much was at least 1991 when we had about 6 inches. We had snow showers all day yesterday, it just kept sticking, heavy snow falling at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Fek that im taking a spin out to ballon. all melting in te town here, sun is shining :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

caeser wrote: »
    has been pelting down in west waterford all morning was 1 inch about 1 hour ago now its nearly 3 inches:D

Looks to have Cork's name on it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Very heavy snow here now. Wasn't expecting more of this after the rain this morning :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Just started snowing in Leixlip. Heavy enough too. Not sure it will stick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

snowing hard and sticking in drumcondra
    cammera battery is charging (shoulda put it on last night, will head out in a bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Took this at half 8 this morning from my front door :D

Didn't even attempt to go to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

looking at the recent forecasts thats it all over :mad:
    so much for a repeat of 82

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Started coming down hard in Newbridge again, hope it lasts but I won't count on it.

Roads between Newbridge and Naas were fine this morning, as opposed to a slippery nightmare yesterday.

SnowDayJan2009#5298500081721079922

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Took this at half 8 this morning from my front door :D

Didn't even attempt to go to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Pretty heavy snow, re-covering what had melted before, in Leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Snowing heavily in Blanchardstown again :D Might be too wet to stick but thought that yesterday and the place was white within 45 minutes. Am I being too optimistic???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The accumulations from last evening and night were still there this morning in my part of D15..snowing again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Einstein wrote: »
    starting to melt in naas (boooo)
    but im going snowboarding on saturday (yaaaaaay) :P

Nothing in Bray but I'm of Skiing on Saturday too :D

Where are you heading?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The fax charts are hinting at another sleet/snow event on Thursday, dont think 850's are cold enough for widespread lower level snow but as always some places will get lucky.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

attachment.php?attachmentid=71908&stc=1&d=1233654856

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wouldn't rule out some more snow here today. 1.6c and DP 0.3c - DP is falling. Low seems to be centred around south Wexford and is throwing stuff back across the Irish Sea

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Wouldn't rule out some more snow here today. 1.6c and DP 0.3c - DP is falling. Low seems to be centred around south Wexford and is throwing stuff back across the Irish Sea

I hope you're right! I'm in D 16 too. Sun at the moment :( but there have been a few snow showers this morning so fingers crossed. Still a fair bit lying on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Light snow again here

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

gnu wrote: »
    I hope you're right! I'm in D 16 too. Sun at the moment :( but there have been a few snow showers this morning so fingers crossed. Still a fair bit lying on the ground.

Yeah....a lot of drip drip going on here - so depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Light swirly snow round City Centre now. Nothing much and no chance of it sticking !

Heavy snow has set in here again

1.3c/-0.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Heavy snow. not sticking
    Temp dropping
    1.3C/dp -0.1C

Edit, hail and this is sticking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Snowing very well here inClane Co Kildare,the sky looks full of snow.It was raining earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Anyone know what the chance of snow or icy conditions after dark this evening in castleknock and finglas between 5 and 9 pm ? I have some work to do and dont know if I should cancel it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Just starting to snow now in Cork

massive flakes now indicative of it being a very wet snow!
    Snowing heavily and blowing mad in the strong wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

damn you Biscay and mild sector influence. damn you both down to hell:mad:

I knew going to bed the snow would quickly turn back to rain. the wind was too strong and the temperature rose quickly.

anyway, fingers crossed for thursday:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement