Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

massive flakes now indicative of it being a very wet snow!
    Snowing heavily and blowing mad in the strong wind.
    No wind here, absolute calm and heavy dry snow, already a few mm.
    Transfered to winter wonderland in a few minutes

0.8/-0.3C

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

woke up to the sound of rain and melting snow then as it cleared it froze temperarily then just as i was leaving for college it went really dark and now its a blizzard here so turned back, roads are lethal in dushaughlin and snow is topping up fast:)

Snow stopping, not really dry flakes as I said but a good dusting.

0.7C/-0.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Not far off a blizzard now in Cork on the hills:D

Judging by reports it's getting colder again around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

woke up in clondalkin to rain and snow turning to mush - Has been snowing since 8 am now and the covering is back to last nights !!!

Heading to leixlip now so hopefully not stuck in traffic :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Folks,

Does anyone know if we are due another coating of snow like we got yesterday evening ?

Or are we in a state now where we will get the odd shower and thats it ?

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

now that the precipitation has got lighter again it's gone fully back to rain. could those of you with some snow falling please blow some this way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wet wet wet here, nothing overnight..

Greeted by a lovely massive black cloud just to be my north as usual. Ho hum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Wet wet wet here, nothing overnight..

Greeted by a lovely massive black cloud just to be my north as usual. Ho hum.

Ah Im gutted :( All the snow is gone here in Cavan. I really was expecting to wake up to loads of it this morning. I was like a child last night going to bed hoping to wake up to a snow day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

an inch has fallen in the past 40 minutes, still coming down thick and fast.

I see that shower, black as night up there.

• Advertisement

2.0/0.7C
    Temp quickly recovers after shower passes through, most of dusting thawed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Rained most of the night, woke up to see a wet floor....

Was going to say that I've seen more white stuff on a back street in Columbia.... but just recently just had our first snow shower that has kindly left half inch on the floor... looking at the radar, thats probably my lot for now...

I'm going out to see if I cant find some proper snow..:mad:

Rained most of the night, woke up to see a wet floor....

Was going to say that I've seen more white stuff on a back street in Columbia.... but just recently just had our first snow shower that has kindly left half inch on the floor... looking at the radar, thats probably my lot for now...

I'm going out to see if I cant find some proper snow..:mad:

Any links to live radar ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

not sure whats happening here in Cork, flurries every now and again but the sky looks loaded now, guessing though that the temps aren't low enough for it to fall as snow.
    Such a disappointment, woke up at 5 this morning looked out the window and the place was white with snow, put the head back down and looked out again at 7 and it had all but dissappeared from the rain. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Been snowing here now for about 30 minutes, eased off a bit now but a dusting around everywhere again. It started as a mix of graupel and hail but quickly became snow. Getting darker again now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DougalMcGuire

was anyone else snowboarding in wicklow yesterday?
    there was a good 5 inches in glendalough, enough to make some carves and put together some jumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I'm 750 feet above see level on the hills north of Kilkenny city.

No thaw here, yesterday's snow plus the snow overnight plus the snow that is falling, snowed in......as the road is too dangerous - steep and covered in inches of snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

5 hours in a car last night..thought I was going to go nuts...anyways managed to see some great snow around lucan last night...nearly 8" deep in places. got home to Lucan at about 11pm and it was just raining.raining this morning and then snow in Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Had to come inside as its getting really heavy now
    Heres some pictures - about 4 inches Id say so far in South Kilkenny

DSCI0162.JPG

DSCI0151.jpg

DSCI0177.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Didnt go to work today, out in Celbridge in Kildare, just had a lenghty thick snowfall, eased off, grey skies gone, was blue skies for about 15 mins, slowly getting darker out.

Large dark clouds building in Dublin City Centre.

Think we could be in for a downfall shortly !

mad snow on and off here west of Arklow.
    Snowflakes the size of small houses giving white out conditions currently :D

0.8c/-0.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Yeah....a lot of drip drip going on here - so depressing!

Had been trying to block out the dripping. Sensed a chill and looked out to see a blizzard! Really wasn't expecting it! There's hope yet :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Thundersnow! 0.9c DP -0.2c Trying its best to stick.

Well a light snow shower here now so it can still snow anyway

the main brunt of this shower seems to be pushing to my north. Brightening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Current snow depth on leval ground away from trees etc only 3cm:-

snow_depth.jpg

Make that 18cm :D

ruler.jpg

Never ever saw so much of the stuff, almost impossible to walk in :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Still snowing strong here, although I see the sun peeking out!;)

Should we expect snow showers on and off all day in North Tipp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yes, how true that it was localised. Here in Ongar we easily had 4-5 inches last night but a friend said going past Ballymun junction of M50 last night that it was all but gone with absolutely none in Donabate. Everything still covered white here this morning apart from the roads being a dirty slushy mess.

Heavy snow showers started up again in Clonsilla from about 9.30 this morning.
    This surpasses the 2000/2001 snow events for me to be the biggest event of the 2000s. It also reaffirmed my belief that we can still get significant snow. I had started to wonder after all the previous let downs of previous recent years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement