Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

2 showers came in there! one to my south and a bigger one to my north, i got a little flurry, the jinx continues:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lashing down snow atm and sticking! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Big shower in Tullow again

I'd say gonzos getting a nice filling now.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah I think the bigger one to your north wc is over me now, pretty heavy again and proper snow. If its any help, the last lot melted pretty quickly!

Edit - bucketing down now, heaviest I've seen this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

We're seeing some light snow in the city centre (Cork) at the moment. Nothing's sticking and it's not exactly a bizzard, more of a light sprinkling.

There's a lot of snow in the sky though, quite dark yellowish clouds forming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

A few flakes
    1.8/+0.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Small flakes starting to drop. There is a big dark snow cloud over head. Not sure if it is going to drop its load !

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

This is great! I've waited so long for proper snow!

When I went out earlier the slush was very slippery - can I suggest we snow lovers all keep an eye on our elderly neighbours? Don't want them risking a broken hip for the sake of a loaf of bread we could easily pick up for them.

Tiny shower just stopped. Little flurry for Dublin City Centre.

Not looking good for another stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Coming down heavily in Blanchardstown now but seems a bit sleety

Coming down heavily in Blanchardstown now but seems a bit sleety

Sticking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

francosp wrote: »
    Sticking ?

Looks like a blizzard in Blanch atm, tiny flakes but millions of them...

francosp wrote: »
    Sticking ?

It's hard to tell because there's still a lot of snow and slush there from last night! Just had a look out at the road there though and it is looking a bit whiter. It's turned into a calmer shower now, nice big snowflakes

It's hard to tell because there's still a lot of snow and slush there from last night! Just had a look out at the road there though and it is looking a bit whiter. It's turned into a calmer shower now, nice big snowflakes

Cool, just hope it pushes over Finglas.

Not a sniff really in town !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

gnu wrote: »
    can I suggest we snow lovers all keep an eye on our elderly neighbours? Don't want them risking a broken hip for the sake of a loaf of bread we could easily pick up for them.

+1

Ha our two posts just totally contradicted each other! The way it's falling keeps changing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Starting to snow again here in Westmeath, and its sticking!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

heavy snow falling in Newcastle Dublin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Doing the same in Ardee at the moment, but no doubt it won't stick.

Am fed up of this snow teasing me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Snowing heavily again in Ashbourne....

A more snow orientated forecast update from the Met
    03 February 2009 11:07

Today

Continuing cold and mostly overcast with outbreaks of rain sleet and snow. Further accumulations of snow will occur widely. Highest temperatures of only 3 to 5 degree, but staying near freezing over lying snow.

Tonight

Staying very cold overnight with further outbreaks sleet and snow and with some heavy falls across the south and east. A widespread severe frost will occur during any clear spells elsewhere. Lowest temperatures will range from zero to -4 degrees.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fair play! Scene here about 15 minutes ago.

290109019-1-1.jpg

290109018-1.jpg

Last shower gave a covering everywhere - will be slush again probably in a couple of minutes but at least it's snow and not rain.

Fair play to the Eagle too who chuckled this morning saying its not over yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

horrific in kilmacanogue/ kilpeddar. Left Bray not a jot sun shining 2 seconds later complete carnage - turned onto southerncross route down to Charlesland - straight off the road . Seriously nearly wet myself.. Had to be towed out. only getting to kilcoole now ! where in gods name did that come from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Light snow here but a good bit on ground

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just back from a walk in the fields. Easily a foot of level snow there with massive drifts near hedges, several times stepped into drifts that went up to my knees :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

we seem to be getting our first proper blast of snowage, only pity is the ground is absolutely soaked from the rain, so no chance of stickage:(:cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

A more snow orientated forecast update from the Met

Wow, thats an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Very very light snow in Navan, everything on the ground is melting..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow shower stopped about 40 minutes ago but the thaw has beeen quite quick since but its now dark and snowing again so hopefully another toppup

I feel this could be the end of it for today tho, there is nothing on the radar between here and france., wickow and wexford might still get some of the stuff thats over wales.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement