Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Blue skies coming in over Blanchardstown again :mad:

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Thundersnow! 0.9c DP -0.2c Trying its best to stick.
    Excelent.
    We had thundersnow and chaos in Arklow yesterday.
    Still a good bit of snow around after the overnight thaw and snowing down here on and off all morning.
    Flakes as big as small bungalows at the moment :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wow - just looked 111,000 odd views of this thread with nearly 2,700 posts - that must be a record for a waether thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Heavy snow in Clane at the moment!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Its been snowing since 9am here in North Cork.
    Its quite deep now, big flakes still falling. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Yeah, I'm normally a lurker in Weather trying to make sense of all the technical stuff and see if you experts think we've a chance of the white stuff. But the sight of a few snowflakes is enough to make me post here.

gnu wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm normally a lurker in Weather trying to make sense of all the technical stuff and see if you experts think we've a chance of the white stuff. But the sight of a few snowflakes is enough to make me post here.
    Same here.Its a great thread:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Shulgin wrote: »
    Its been snowing since 9am here in North Cork.
    Its quite deep now, big flakes still falling. :D

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Mallow direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Still nothing in Dublin CC

Sun is out, numerous clouds but not a flake in sight :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Wow - just looked 111,000 odd views of this thread with nearly 2,700 posts - that must be a record for a waether thread?

Might even be a boards record. I thought when i saw it yesterday that a spambot had taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wow, just looking at the 6z, -10 850's low pressure to the se with NNE winds..thursday sure could be interesting!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Wait a minute.

Large dark clouds now overhead. Gone very very murky.

This could be it

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

SNOWING IN CORK CITY WOOOOO!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭JulesInKy

Occasional lurker here :D

Dark grey skies and some miserable drizzle - about 2 degrees. Not looking good for us here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

First proper heavy show falling in Dundalk !

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Snowing here now and sticking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Supercell wrote: »
    Wow, just looking at the 6z, -10 850's low pressure to the se with NNE winds..thursday sure could be interesting!

No, don't go jinxing it, it will be rain, rain and more rain ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

snowing steadily in Cork city area now for nearly an hour, but no stickage...:(

Dont get my hopes up please Supercell, what exactly do you see:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Are you looking int FI again Supercell... that charts like 54 hours away:pac:

Rtavn541.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Snowing here now and sticking :)
    Raining here & Soaking:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

lol good one WC.

Snowing here on and off for last hour

What depth have you up there SC?
    There is at least 10 inches now around kilanerin,Ballyfad and that general area with well over a foot at the gate to croghan.

Still no snow but its getting increasingly darker by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Heavy snow in Navan now, big fluffy flakes...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What depth have you up there SC?
    There is at least 10 inches now around kilanerin,Ballyfad and that general area with well over a foot at the gate to croghan.

Easily over a foot now, was out walking in the fields earlier and was coming up to the top of my wellies and over the top in places!!
    Will probably loose a bit of that tomorrow and I think Thursday could give another monster dumping.
    Have never ever experienced conditions like it , even '82 didn't come close though that was a sea level event for me :)
    Its spilling out of the top of my rain gauge which is weird to see.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

Been drizzling here all morning, but just had a heavier shower and at the end it started to turn back to a sleety snowy mix. Clearer blue skies now starting to move in from the east, hopefully will dry the ground a bit.

A few miles south of Ballyhaunis Mayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Its belting down snow in Navan again. There was about 3 inches yesterday but it rained overnight, its snowing again and sticking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Heavy snow again in Wicklow :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement