Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

And the economic talks collapse and huge pay cuts likely... strikes likey.

This winter is becoming very 80ish....

Funny you should say that......was just out front burning wood offcuts in a barrel with the gates locked. :D

1.2c here with flecks of snow blowing in the wind. DP -0.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Teeeeeeeeny tiny little flakes falling in Malahide outside my window but it seems to have only lasted about 2 minutes :( Tease :(

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

It has been so fustrating these past couple of days 3 miles north, 5miles east and 4miles south of kilcock got a pasting!Nothing more than a covering of snow ere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Sunny and light snow in Leixlip. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Sky gone all grey over Leixlip. A mixture of hail and snow falling. Need temps to drop in order for it to stick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Threatening to snow here at the moment by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

More minisucle teasing :( Think I hear rain too! :(

Edit: the rain sound was from the tv :o had the volume on low and some audience were clapping :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

snowing again in Celbridge, dark grey clouds overhead.

I think Im going to enjoy making my seventh snowman today...

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Van got stuck near mount leinster on a back road hard time turning around but i managed. snow was 8" deep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Did anyone else notice in the weather forecst after the 1 o clock news on rte that the graphic at the end showed a max of 0c for saturday. A mistake methinks
    Anyway i am confident for my location for thursday, dew points should not be a issue so hope fully there is heavy precipitation:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A few snowflakes in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

DP now down to -2 at Dublin Airport. I wonder will any of those larger lumps of precipitation in the Irish Sea reach here - would probably give a good pasting if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Some nice pictures of the snow etc on this thread from the photography forum; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055477576

Still no snow in Galway - booerns:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Well its about time. Dublin CC starting to see light snow.

Could get heavier as clouds overhead look heavy !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice in the weather forecst after the 1 o clock news on rte that the graphic at the end showed a max of 0c for saturday. A mistake methinks
    Anyway i am confident for my location for thursday, dew points should not be a issue so hope fully there is heavy precipitation:)

Seen it alright, according to the presenter theres a risk of 'thundery storms' on Thursday, sounds interesting, whatever it is! :p

Anyway, good shower of snow at the moment here, heavy enough and good big flakes, that'll top my my diminishing stock pile from yesterday ;)

View at the moment, my poor snowman lost the head! (literally! :p)

sg1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

met.ie forecasting "further accumulations of snow will occur widely" today and "further outbreaks sleet and snow and with some heavy falls across the south and east" tonight. http://www.met.ie/forecasts/#

• Registered Users Posts: 14,266 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    met.ie forecasting "further accumulations of snow will occur widely" today and "further outbreaks sleet and snow and with some heavy falls across the south and east" tonight. http://www.met.ie/forecasts/#

woohoo theres hope for us down here yet!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jonny_b

falling heavy in carlow not :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

More graupaly/snowy/snow grainy ppn here now. Has been pretty much constant hevay and light since about 9am. Only breifly giving accumulation.

This thread and the weather is really starting to play havoc with my work! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Outside gorey here(kilanerin)90m asl
    Still a fair amount of snow here
    1.8c
    dp .5c
    heavy showers on and off
    roads are all slush

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The light covering of snow has metled away here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

No snow at all here in east clare..

There was some light rain about 2 hours ago, lasted about 40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

something just appeared in my backgarden http://www.carlowweather.com/webcamimage.jpg

:D

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Outside gorey here(kilanerin)90m asl
    Still a fair amount of snow here
    1.8c
    dp .5c
    heavy showers on and off
    roads are all slush
    just a few short miles from you over on croghan,I just got a call from some people stuck on the mountain lane there [they're out now]-the snow is now knee deep! Thats 2 feet folks :)

The thaw continues here with me amid some now mainly light sleety snow showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Heavy snow shower just passing through, blue sky behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

very light snow here at the moment. come on snow get your act together!:D

Some very light snow here at the moment.

Im watching ehcoes heading up from Cardigan bay, could be hitting Dublin/Wicklow/Meath in say 2-3 hours.

Gonna pop out and run a few errands before it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Im watching ehcoes heading up from Cardigan bay, could be hitting Dublin/Wicklow/Meath in say 2-3 hours.

Gonna pop out and run a few errands before it arrives.

Stocking up on bread, milk and beans? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    woohoo theres hope for us down here yet!:D

i don't take much notice of what met eireann say but bbc is very accurate and they have white down south later tonight so that is positive.

looks like some precipitation on the way in the south midlands for cork as well right now. hopefully cold enough for snow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement