Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fierce Cold Spell from Sunday (February 1st)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Starting to see some hail.

Again, total cloud cover, very dark, could bucket down at any moment !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jimmyskank

Still snowed-in in Blessington, about 4 inches on the ground, roads full of slush and more snow coming!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,266 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

i don't take much notice of what met eireann say but bbc is very accurate and they have white down south later tonight so that is positive.

looks like some precipitation on the way in the south midlands for cork as well right now. hopefully cold enough for snow.

Hopefully! I'll try not to get too excited.........EEEHHH I can't help it - i'm so excited!:D God i am SAD

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

2C with a DP of 0.1C and its snow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sage'sMama

Anyone know what the chance of further snow over the athboy/kells area in meath?? It's been snowing from 11 o'clock till 2 o'clock :D but the skies have cleared now :( so i am just wondering if it will start up again before i go home from work??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Woke up to rain this morning and no sign of any snow -- ten miles out the road in Abbeyleix it was pelting snow. The forecast last night got it wrong, but in fairness it seems to be very marginal between rain/snow at any one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Light sneachta here now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Just some light snow for the last 15 minutes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light sneachta here now.

I'd say that blob off Wales has your name on it! ;) Pity the M2 bouy is out of action to see what DPs are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I'd say that blob off Wales has your name on it! ;) Pity the M2 bouy is out of action to see what DPs are like.

any idea when it will hit ? is dublin in the firing line ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Patch123

I've been lurking since last Thursday... has to be the most enjoyable thread ever, really. Anyway, I measured between 8 and 11cm of snow last night in D15. Still a good bit on the ground although much has melted. It's dull and 'graupeling' lightly here, if that's a word, with a temp of 1.8c and dropping according to my trusty lidl weather eh... 'centre'. I suppose we won't see the likes again for another decade, but maybe it's not over just yet...

Light rain now.:(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

francosp wrote: »
    any idea when it will hit ? is dublin in the firing line ?

Hour and a half maybe. I'd say the main 'blob'* will head to the north of Dublin with 'tail'* over Dublin/Wicklow. Snow or rain - God only knows!

* very technical terms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Very dissapointed here in dongeal .no snow at all, raining, any chance of snow now? or is it all over?
    Forecast seems a bit boring for today and tomoro.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Nice - where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

South Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowing lightly here, DP on the rise though , suspect this is going to turn to rain overnight.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Pangea wrote: »
    Very dissapointed here in dongeal .no snow at all, raining, any chance of snow now? or is it all over?
    Forecast seems a bit boring for today and tomoro.

Your turn coming , with a vengenge , you'll see , donegal will be declared a disaster area by friday morning ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

kerry1960 wrote: »
    Your turn coming , with a vengenge , you'll see , donegal will be declared a disaster area by friday morning ;).
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeease. :)

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Snowing lightly here, DP on the rise though , suspect this is going to turn to rain overnight.

We have just tipped the wrong side of marginal on the coast. Was light snow half an hour ago - now it's light rain.

Snow has pepped up here. 1.6c DP -0.1c

Looks like ppn is going to curl into Dublin on 14.30 radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I've been out most of the day...not much of a sign at all of a thaw here in D15. Most of the accumulations are still there bar some south-facing rooves. Paths are really quite dangerous, very slushy.

Been overcast most of the day..if there's gonna be a thaw here today, time's starting to run out. Been fairly consistent 'wintry' stuff falling too (wouldn't say it's pure snow, but certainly not rain either).

Looking at the forecast just now, they seem to have revised it since this morning..they had rain over the east on their chart then, but they're now back to rain/sleet/snow everywhere, with "Further accumulations of snow will occur widely", and the same for tonight, with heavier falls over south and east.

edit - I've also just noticed that a big swathe of snow has slid off the roof of an apartment building opposite my house..roof is flat slated so I guess it just slid right off...there is still a bit of it frozen overhanging the edge of the roof :)

Back to snow here now. Heavy stuff coming in off the Irish sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Still pegging snow here, grand big fluffy flakes :o

Should be at least an hours heavy snow in Dublin from that down to bray.
    A bit like the curl we had in this neck of the woods.

It's going to be wet stuff with big flakes and not really settling except on the higher ground if it's like what we had here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Still pegging snow here, grand big fluffy flakes :o

im just a mile outside of carlow town and there's bugger all snow here :( was plenty last night, but it's mainly melted away by now

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

any heavy stuff due in leixlip?

theres a light sprinkling here want to know what it is due to be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭thomasj

LookingFor wrote: »
    I've been out most of the day...not much of a sign at all of a thaw here in D15. Most of the accumulations are still there bar some south-facing rooves. Paths are really quite dangerous, very slushy.

Been overcast most of the day..if there's gonna be a thaw here today, time's starting to run out. Been fairly consistent 'wintry' stuff falling too (wouldn't say it's pure snow, but certainly not rain either).

Looking at the forecast just now, they seem to have revised it since this morning..they had rain over the east on their chart then, but they're now back to rain/sleet/snow everywhere, with "Further accumulations of snow will occur widely", and the same for tonight, with heavier falls over south and east.

edit - I've also just noticed that a big swathe of snow has slid off the roof of an apartment building opposite my house..roof is flat slated so I guess it just slid right off...there is still a bit of it frozen overhanging the edge of the roof :)

have to agree for looking for there was still some light snowflakes falling, and it is dangerous enough on the paths. i was showing people photos of anbout an hour ago or so and they cant believe the stuff hasnt melted!

• Advertisement

Should be at least an hours heavy snow in Dublin from that down to bray.
    A bit like the curl we had in this neck of the woods.

It's going to be wet stuff with big flakes and not really settling except on the higher ground if it's like what we had here.

No definately nothing going to settle here. It's very marginal - the light stuff is rain, the more moderate bursts are sleet and snow. The main activity has yet to hit us here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement