Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose piercing

Options
  • 29-01-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I recently got my nose pierced, im just wondering if the hole stays open?
    I got it done last week so if i was to take it out, would it heal?
    and if i am to keep it in for whatever the required period is, will i be left with a hole on my nose for life?

Sorry if this is asked before.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

initially it should take 4-6 weeks to heal, but it varies... mine was done 10 weeks ago and is still not fully healed.

If you take it out now it will probably close right up yeah. I had mine done before for a couple of years and it totally closed when I took it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Thanks, so they do close eventually when you take them out after a long period of time? just to confirm? that would be great. I love mine but dont like the permanent idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

well mine did :)

I was left with a small scar though, I'd imagine most piercings would leave a scar when you take them out though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

I'm very surprised your piercer hasn't made this clear for you, maybe you weren't listening.

Generally it will take 3 to 6 months for your nose to heal (I presume it's the side of the nose, aka: the ala).
    You shouldn't even touch your piercing (unless you are cleaning it), let alone change the jewellery. Unwashed hands carry bacteria and your piercing is a point where these bacteria can penetrate below your skin and cause an infection.

To answer your question, yes, it most definitely will close up. I had my nose pierced for 9 months. I removed the piercing for a week and a half and it had closed up, so I had to get it re-done.

Yes, a piercing usually will leave a scar.

Advertisement