Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personally managing pension

Options
  • 29-01-2009 12:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

I currently have a PRSA with a financial company. Looking at the current value of my account, and it looks like the value has gone down by 40%. I want to take this money out of that account and manage it myself. What do I need to know before doing this? Do I need to fill in any forms? There shouldn't be any tax implications, should there?

Regards,
    Justin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

you can't manage the money yourself. There needs to be a professional trustee if you want to go down the self-directed route.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭jdpl28

Yup, you can. Just found it - it's called a SSAP or a "Small Self Administered Pension".

anybody know anything about these? Could I just cash in my current pension and put it into an investment of my own choice?

thanks,
    J

Advertisement